Chapter Thirteen

Why do I feel like I've known you forever?

What do you mean?

I shouldn't feel this close to you. I've never met you. Never touched you. Never seen you. For all I know this could be a goddamn fucking catfish and I'm just super stupid, and super stupidly attached, in a super stupidly short amount of time.

Celia, you once told me, 'What defines a stranger and what defines a friend is not length of time, but capacity to understand.'

You and I haven't known each other for the longest amount of time, but you understand me more than people I've known for years. Years, Celia. And I believe it may be the same for you, in regards to me.

And, lmao, babe, I'm no catfish. First of all, you accidentally texted me, second of all, we've spoken on the phone. How can you deny my very sexy, very male, and also youthful voice?

I guess you're right.

Of course I am.

Remember, Celia, sometimes the best things don't make sense.

Like you. (drafted)

Maybe the reason you feel like you've known me forever is because you and I know the real versions of each other. The versions many don't get to see.

...because, sometimes, the only time you reveal your true self is at 4:36 a.m., when night has fallen and so has the facade of happiness and humor you hide behind.

When did you become such a poet, Jamie?

Because, I must admit, it's hot.

Oh? In that case...

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

For the rest of the night, until the sun rose and began to mingle with the clouds, James and Cecelia texted, their smiles not ceasing for longer than two minutes and their laughs creating a duet comparable to that of thunder and rain or cicadas and the spring breeze.

As each set down their phone, getting ready to fall asleep, bliss surrounded them like a comforting blanket.

They'd never admit it, not so soon, but each of them were falling in love. It was the words they were falling in love with. It was not the tantalizing lips from which the words came or the lure of the voice that vocalized the words. There was no bias towards any physical traits, there was only a developing love for the words. And the person from which the words came.

They'd found something rare, in this world.

Not physical attraction. Not length of time. But attraction to the soul. And capacity to understand.

Yes, they most definitely did find something rare in this world.

They found each other.

**

A/N: last line is me @ spaghetti.

Okay bye-