Chapter Five

I'm. So. Tired.

Join the fucking club.

Yikes, sweetums. You clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I woke up on the wrong side of the world. At least on the other side I could still be sleeping.

Man, you really take the cheer out of Cheerios, but you make a valid point.

You're one to talk, Miss 'I really put the word annoy into the word mornings.'

Uh, the word annoy isn't in the word mornings, sweetums.

Exactly!

What?

I don't know. I'm tired. Fuck off.

Man, I'm swooning from all of your sweet talk, Jamie. Truly, I have butterflies.

Great. That's all I ever hoped for, Celia. [note the sarcasm]

Woah.

What?

I've never had anyone call me that before.

Okay, and?

And, I like it. I like it a lot.

A soft pink tinged James' cheeks, at the message he received moments ago. But, of course, he chose to ignore it, pretending the sudden influx of heat within his cheeks wasn't a blush, but because of the sunshine filtering in through his window or perhaps because of how pissed off he was at the chirping birds, bright sun, and most importantly, inability to sleep.

Whatever.

Man, you really put the run in Cinnamon Toast Crunch, too. Thank goodness I'm not physically present. I'd run from your grumpy ass.

Hey!

What? It's only the truth, sweetums.

Okay, whatever, I'm going to get ready now. Do something useful, will you?

Jamie, are you saying my incorporation of breakfast cereal into this conversation is not useful? Because I beg to differ.

Get back here, young man!

This is unacceptable behavior. I didn't raise you like this.