Thirty-sixth scene

After the recent elimination, Elixir had announced that something important was about to commence tomorrow morning but nothing else after that. It confused everyone remaining in the show but nonetheless continued on with the day not really putting much thought into it.

And now here they were on the lounge room as the staff called on them one by one in the main room with no other context. As they waited patiently for their turn, Jimin found himself playing the whisper challenge with Taehyung as Yoongi rested on his lap. It was a miracle he had stayed longer than a minute.

"Repeat it, repeat it!" Jimin stated unbeknownst of his clamorous voice from the noise cancelling headphones. Taehyung cackled and repeated to mouth the words to him. "Woody and buzz? To infinity and beyond!"

"No!" Taehyung laughed and gestured the 'x' sign with his arms. "I'll do it slowly okay? Moody..."

"Shooky,"

"Has two..."

"Asshole?"

"Pet pigs!" Taehyung held in a laugh.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows more in confusion. "Shooky, Asshole, peck dicks?"

Taehyung bursts out laughing at the clueless male as the others joined in hearing them shout at each other. A hand flew on his stomach as he leaned back, almost rolling on the floor. Jimin chuckled unsurely from seeing his friends reaction.

"Moody has two pet pigs!"

"Yoongi...? Ah! YOONGI HAS TWO BIG DICKS!"

Taehyung was now officially rolling on the floor as tears bursts out from his eyes and the people around them onlg laughed harder upon hearing. Even Yoongi shot his eyes open and looked at him weirdly as he said something strange. Wait what was that he said again? Yoongi has two big dicks...

"Holy crap!" Jimin took his headphones down only to hear their laughter of his fellow contestants echo in his ears. "Did I get it right though?"

"Nope but I'll take it!" Taehyung mumbled between laughs.

"What was it?" Jimin asked but nobody minded him one bit. A small pout appeared on his plump lips but didn't go unnoticed by the male lying on his lap. Yoongi chuckled and pinched his chubby cheeks.

"Stop acting adorable, cheonsa."

"Am not!"

"Park Jimin!" A staff called interrupting the scene as the male slowly rose up from the floor where was seated and bid a short goodbye to the older and his friends.

He walked on the hallway to the door at the very end and quietly peered through the slightly ajar door. Elixir was there along with a couple more of familiar faced staffs. He felt nostalgia as he remembered the first day he set foot on the house.

"Hi Jimin! So glad to have you here!" Elixir waved at him.

"Yeah, thank you for having me." He awkwardly chuckled amd bowed down. Somehow, even after all of these months he's been around the show, he still couldn't find himself to be comfortable around these big ass cameras.

"So, the reason why you're here today corelates to your final mission for the upcoming conclusion of the show." The female muttered.

Jimin gulped but nonetheless nodded.

"Do you remember the second auditions before you entered the show?" Again, he nodded his head. "Well, just like that, you're here to show your talent and after that, the staff and I will pair you up with the perfect partner for your performance. You will only have a week to practice with your pair to be showcased live at the concert hall in Seoul."

Jimin nodded his head understandingly as the host motioned him to start with his talent. For some reason, he wished to be partnered with Yoongi for once since the show started as he knows he had been a producer for years. Besides, it would be better to perform with someone he's comfortable with.

And who else better to be paired up with than the person he's fake dating?

🎬🎬🎬

Jimin's mouth hang agape as Elixir was up front with a flashcard on her hand, one by one announcing the pairs-to-be for the final mission. And he refuses to believe his ears as his name was not mentioned alongside the person he expects to be.

"...Hoseok and Min Yoongi. Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook..."

Hoseok didn't seem to mind, in fact, he was ecstatic to hear the news. Yoongi looked indifferent that made Jimin even wonder if he was relieved they weren't partners and didn't appreciate his company at all since their whole deal started.

Did everything that happened between them didn't matter to him?

Did he really just consider it as nothing but a deal?

His train of thoughts were disrupted when he felt an arm wrapped around his waist and a slight weight on his shoulder. He twisted his head to the side to see Yoongi resting his head on him. "What are you doing?"

"You've got that face again,"

"What?" He raised an eyebrow.

"That face like all of the ice cream in the world disappeared. Though I wouldn't blame you, a world like that is pretty scary." Yoongi muttered.

"You're spatting out nonesense akma." Jimin frowned trying to get out of his grip. He doesn't know why he's horribly disappointed. Maybe because the fact that this was the last mission and the only chance they can officially win this stupid show.

"As for your final mission, you will be performing in an arena live in front of your supporters. You have a week to practice and by then we will announce who will win the show!" Elixir said amd clasped her hand together. "I know you're wondering why you are paired up this way, is because we based it off with your talents. The staff and I chose carefully well who performs well with who and so we ended up with this list."

Jimin frowned. So he wasn't really a perfect match for Yoongi after all. Even if it was just an act, he knew the pain was still hitting him inside.

"However, don't be too comfortable with your final partner because they still might change basing from your performances and the votes of the audience. So please do your best and let the matching begin!"

A/n:
The book's almost over... definitely not crying 😭