Chapter 52 ( Under Cover )

Cylec's Pov:

"Cylec, what happened to the investigation about Alec's case? May balita na ba?" Cyleen asked the moment I entered our room.

It's been a month since Alec been kidnapped. But until now, wala pa ring kidnappers na tumatawag sa amin para humingi ng ransom money.
Cyleen really looked depressed. And I hate to see her like that. Most of the time nakikita ko syang nakatulala lang sa kwarto ni Alec while crying.

Sometimes, she's gonna wake me up so early in the morning dahil ihahatid pa raw namin si Alec sa school and then she's gonna cry when she realized na Alec wasn't found yet. Ako ang nahihirapan everytime na makikita ko syang nag kakaganyan. Almost everyday, pupunta kami sa police station para i- follow up ang case ni Alec, pero iisa lang ang sinasabi nila.

That we better wait for a call from the kidnappers dahil in the first place, na kidnap ang anak namin. Na wala kaming choice kundi maghintay. Pero hanggang kelan? One month straight ng missing si Alec! Ni hindi tumatawag ang sinasabi nilang kidnappers! At naaawa na ako Kay Cyleen.

Since Alec been missing, she changed. Nawala yong dating Cyleen na nakilala ko. She's always locking herself in our room. Sometimes, she choose to sleep on Alec's room than to be with me. She lost her patience and calmness. She can't function well at work kaya most of the time hindi na lang sya pumapasok sa trabaho.

"As always, the police officer said that let's just wait for the call coming from the kidnappers." I said.

"One month na tayong naghihintay, Cylec. Walang nangyayari. What if napahamak na si Alec? I can't take it anymore! Kailangan nating gumawa ng paraan. Hindi pwedeng naghihintay lang tayo!" She said and get off on our bed.

She walked back and forth. Thinking about something.

"What are we going to do then?" I asked her.

"Let's do an undercover work." She said.

Under what!? Undercover work? As in like those agent on Men in Black movie? Is she serious about that!? I don't have any idea about under cover work. I'm an engineer, not a law enforcer. Well, she's a criminologist. Of course she knows about it. Pero seryoso ba sya? Hindi ba delikado yon?

"Isn't it dangerous, Cyleen? Baka— mapahamak ka." I said.

"Anong gusto mong gawin ko? Mag stay dito sa bahay? No! I need to do something para Kay Alec. We need to do something. Saka hindi ako mag Isa. Sasamahan mo ako." She said.

Damn! She's really determined about her idea! And when I say determine walang makakapigil sa kanya kahit na ako. I'm sure gagawin nya ang gusto nya. She's so stubborn.

"But Cyleen—."

"If you don't want to see me going crazy, makikinig ka sakin. Kailangan nating mahanap si Alec." She said.

"Okay. I believe in you. Just make sure na hindi tayo mapapahamak sa iniisip mo." I said.

"We'll be fine. I'm gonna make sure of that. Kung hindi nila kayang mahanap si Alec, tayo ang gagawa ng way. So— you listen to me." She said.

She started to proposed her plan. I find it so absurd, but I found myself trusting every word she said. Now I realized how different she is. I didn't even know na alam nya ang mga ganitong pasikot- sikot when it comes to under cover, investigation and crisis management.

Even I can't understand her words and terms sometimes, I'm just going to nod like an idiot. And I find her more adorable when she's being fierce. When she finished to discuss all her plan, I'm so speechless! I'm just looking at her— amazed! I think being a criminologist really suit her well.