I took my phone out of my coat and checked the time as well, pursing my lips when I discovered that our first class would've started in a couple of minutes, wondering if it would've been bad to just skip it for some seconds. "We should go as well" I ended up saying, knowing that I could've never done that, and Indigo gave me a little nod, putting out the cigarette against the little wall behind her before we started walking towards the building.

"Where were you?" Indigo asked as we got in, taking advantage of the fact that we were finally alone, and the sounds of voices around us were loud enough to hide our conversation from whoever would've been interested in it. "I know you weren't at your dad's house."

"I was with Harry" I replied, walking into the class and discovering that we were definitely a bit too much on time, considering that most of the spots were already taken and only the first and last row were free.

We sat down in the first row, since we knew it would've been impossible to see anything from the last one, and the professor sent us a little glance, seeming to have chosen to look up from his laptop just to do that.

"Okay" Indigo replied, taking off the coat and putting it down next to her. "Be careful."

"I know" I said, doing the same and also taking out a pencil and a notebook to take notes when the professor started talking.

She sighed, looking straight ahead. "At least he's told you how to act."

"What do you mean?" I asked her, frowning.

"Miss Moore, would you mind honouring me with your full attention?" A voice said all of sudden, and I looked ahead just to discover that the professor was looking at me from his desk.

I couldn't hide the surprised glance I sent his way, I hadn't expected him to actually know who I was. "Sure, sorry" I said, feeling a hint of awkwardness fall onto the room when I realised that everyone else was looking in my direction as well.

The professor went back to teaching, and for some seconds there was only silence.

"I mean" Indigo whispered all of sudden, continuing our conversation, "I was quite sure you would've freaked out with Joel about it, but you didn't."

I frowned, sending her a quick glance. "Of course" I replied. I had no intention of messing everything up. "I don't like this though."

"I know you don't. But it's the only thing you can do."

"Miss Wright, you too."

She rolled her eyes as soon as her last name was said, and then looked at the professor. "I'm sorry, Mr Miller. I didn't mean to interrupt your captivating lecture."

I let out a little chuckle at her words, quickly hiding it behind my hand, not wanting to enrage our professor any further.

He sent her a little glare, but chose not to waste any more time, and went back to his lesson.

•   •   •

"I was starting to worry you'd stood me up" Harry said as soon as I reached the car, looking at me from over the roof of the black vehicle. He'd been resting his arms on it as he waited for me to arrive, and he'd straightened himself up only when I'd come close.

I rolled my eyes at his words. "I wouldn't" I told him, opening the door on the passenger's side and throwing my bag on the back before getting in.

He got in as well, shutting the door and turning to look at me. "Hopefully" he replied. "I don't take being stood up lightly."

He seemed to be way more cheerful than he had been that morning, a bit more playful too, and I was definitely enjoying it. It was annoyingly refreshing to see him be - seemingly - so relaxed, and it was definitely the kind of thing that could've turned out being addicting - especially considering the circumstances we were in.