Chapter 20 - Let go

With the ever so calming, the ever so peaceful silence filling the dry atmosphere as if nothing had just happened, the environment now felt...

Safe.

After the ear piercing blast, the bomb had apparently destroyed the entire building. Nevertheless, luckily the neighborhood was unaffected.

Digging out of the ruins of the horrible fated house;

My so called NEW house to be precise,

I alone stood high right at the center of the flattened property observing the now not so pleasant scenery which was displayed before my view, while careful hisses escaped my lips thanks to my injured ankle which was buried under a piece of concrete wall a while ago before finally setting my pitiful self free.

Looking out for survives, I examined the whole place only to spot some of the boys lying breathlessly on the rocky floor panting harshly for fresh air while the others struggled out of the depths of the ruins.

"Anyone dead?"

I asked nonchalantly only to earn a glare from Soobin, a cheeky chuckle from Tae and a confused but annoyed sigh from Jungkook.

Jungkook.

What's he doing here?

Turning towards Tae's direction, I gave him a puzzled look while inclining my head towards Jungkook as in 'why's he here?'

And..to my disappointment neither did he too know as he just shrugged for an answer.

Following my unanswered question, I saw Tae trying to continue this sign languaged conversation assumingly with a question of his own.

Trying to explain using his hands at first, legs at second and so on to the point when he was literally dancing-

"Uh...Can anyone explain what's going on? And hyung what are you doing here?" Till Jungkook had to interrupt.

"I came to drop Y/N, and btw shouldn't I be the one asking you that? How did you even find this place. I heard that this wasn't the place you came earlier", Tae assured but ended with another question.

"Long story", Jungkook single worldly answered.

"I'm listening", while Tae demanded to spill the tea.

"Aish! Just can anyone explain me what's going on here on the first place? And what the freaking hell was a bomb doing inside the house?!" and this time he snapped.

"Do you think I too have any idea about it?" Tae acted.

"Well you did seem to know something...When I came, it was already chaos inside there", suspicion filling his voice he inquired.

So..That's how the both of them started arguing.

Meanwhile, me and Soobin just watched their hectic conversation for a few seconds before deciding to temporarily end it as we had more problems to deal with.

"Leave him alone hyung, he knows nothing", Soobin barged in.

"Oh really?" Jungkook spoke with sarcasm.

"Yeah, Y/N's dad apperently found our hideout for the month not so long after the both of them arrived and-" and there he goes blurting out unnecessary information.

"Y/N's dad? What about him?" questioned Jungkook.

Shit.

Managing to shut Soobin's big fat stupid mouth with my hands while Tae sending death glares over his direction, I managed to outsmart Jungkook to another topic.

"..And now we have to solve this very important problem", trying my best not to be awkward, I eye signed Soobin to continue without any more mistakes.

"Yeah! Where do we sleep now?" with a sweet pout forming on his lips he outbursted in the most natural possible way as anyone could've been at this very moment.

Phew.

"No worries, you are sleeping at my house tonight", and finally with Tae joining in everything started going perfectly in the way that I initially wanted-

Wait.

Did Taehyung just say that he's let us stay over?

"Eh?" Both me and Soobin almost dropped our jaws to the ground while our eyes almost popped out of our sockets in excitement for his ever so humble offer. Well at last we found a place to sleep apart from those dirty old cold streets.

Yuk!

An absolute NO THANK YOU to ever go to those old terrible days.

"Woah woah guys! Don't get too excited. You are only staying for tonight ok?" he added exasperated.

"ONLY for TONIGHT."

.

.

//Time Skip//

After getting ready for bed after the long day, I switched off the lights and laid down in my bed with different thoughts of uncertainty filling my head. With my eyes exploring every inch of the dark room, well only the part was within the limits of my eyesight to be precise, I was wondering about how my dad managed to find me and that bombing was quite the greeting.

So he wants me dead now, huh?

Finally.

While all those dreadful memories almost flashed back to my brain; the ones that I had long forgotten about, I was in victory to block most of them away before feeling my eyes getting heavier by the passing second.

Experiencing the blinding darkness and the deafening silence taking over, I finally freed the cold liquid that I was hiding behind my eyes releasing the pain of being betrayed by my own father whom I once assumed to be the person who loved me the most.

How wrong was I back then?

In the end I was no less than a breeding equipment to him.

Trying my best to hold back the quiet sobs which were escaping through my lips, I was forcing myself to sleep.

Till

I felt a pair of arms gradually but gracefully snaking around my waist.

Embracing me tightly within his grip as if he would loose me if he'd ever let go.

.

.

A/N: Howdy lovelies! I know it's been a really long time and I'm really sorry for the delay. I had a few exams and a few problems to deal with, so I hope you understand. Now since all of those are gone and since I'm kinda free these days...I'll be updating DOV every Tuesday consecutively till October since then again I'll be facing a few exams till the first week of November. I'm really sorry to be so busy BUT REMEMBER from today onwards DOV will be updated on every TUESDAYS. 

Sooo, who do you think the guy at the very end was? Leave your ideas and feedback in the comments!

Also don't forget to vote and give me a simple follow if you really like my books!