Chapter 31 - [The Head of the Lumynos]

Start from the beginning

     And that look made her wonder how close Avaryn and Fury had actually been. She knew they were partners… but were they actually friends too?

     “Well hurry up and explain yourself.” Fury said to him. “And your explanation better be good.”

     Avaryn let out a small laugh before his eyes fell on Master Red.

     Master Red just sighed and shook his head. Though the man knew that this was such a waste of time, he also knew that the only way his team would be effective was if they trusted each other. So he had to allow them to reconcile. “Alright,” Master Red started, “as you all make amends, I will head out and figure things out with Amberdyse and Destyn.”

     His warriors looked at him.

     “I’m coming too.” Life said, rather blandly.

     Master Red nodded his head before he looked back at all his warriors.

     And to all of their surprise, he smiled. “Take a break, all of you. You have done well and though our mission ended unexpectedly… our mission is nonetheless complete. You all did well.”

     Meenu watched as all of the warriors turned and bowed their heads, all at the same time.

     She wondered if she was supposed to do it too, but by the time she decided to bow, all of the warriors had risen.

     Master Red’s eyes fell on Meenu for a short moment before he looked back at his warriors. He lifted his hand up and nodded his head. “Please, continue.”

     And with that, he disappeared.

     When Meenu looked back at the warriors, she saw Avaryn looking at her.

     It lasted only a second, because he looked away quickly, and though she was confused at first she shook it off and just watched as Avaryn sighed.

     “Let me tell you all from the beginning, then.” He started. “But you must promise to keep this a secret.”

     The younger warriors snorted and Light let out a chuckle. “Of course we’ll keep your secret.” Sky said as he scratched the back of his head. “Keeping secret’s, that what we do.”

     Avaryn smiled, sighed, and then smiled again. “Right.”

     And with that, Meenu listened as Avaryn told the truth for the second time around.

     Master Red arrived at the Mayor’s office in an instant, Life standing right behind him.

     The Mayor, who now no longer got surprised at the sudden appearance of the warriors, smiled.

     Lord and Lady Kyrus, who were also still with the Mayor, also smiled.

     They had already heard the news and were all still in shock, but they knew that they had to figure everything out as quickly as possible.

     Lady Kyrus smiled at Life, who she was meeting for the first time. “I don’t think we’ve met.”

     Life bowed, her black long hair tumbling over her shoulder. “I have heard much about you all from Meenu while she was training with Master Red.”

     “Life hates chatty people,” Master Red said, “but for some reason she took a liking to Meenu.”

     Life let out a snort as she straightened herself up. It was true though. For some reason, Life really liked Meenu.

     And it was often hard to get Life to like a person.

     Life smiled behind her mask. “Anyway, Meenu is greatly fond of you. And you have a daughter who deserves your pride.”

     Lady Kyrus kept smile. “Thank you.”

     “I am curious to know what you are thinking of doing next.” Master Red asked the mayor when the women were finished.

     The Mayor looked at Lord Kyrus before he spoke. “Seliaryn is no enemy to us. I believe the best thing to do is to go to the palace and make sure he knows that we feel that way.”

     Master Red nodded. “I agree. I went to see the King of Destyn before coming here and he feels the same way,” Master Red said, “in fact, he’s already making his way to the castle.”

     “Then we shall do the same,” Lord Kyrus said, “and what about you?”

     Master Red smiled at his former teacher. “We feel the way you do. The goal of my organization was to remove Dukaryn from the throne and replace him with a better King. We had hoped it would be Avaryn but I believe Seliaryn would be just as good.”

     “You think Seliaryn will simply accept you?” The Mayor asked.

     “He will.” Master Red smiled. “He has to.”