Chapter 31 - [The Head of the Lumynos]

Start from the beginning

     “So shall I inform the court that you give your blessings?”

     She nodded. “I guess it’s about time we had a full blooded Lumynos on the throne.”

     The messenger nodded. “Understood.”

     The woman smiled before she chuckled. “Poor Roviaryn. I wonder how he feels about his son killing the king for a girl.”

     The messenger bowed, figuring that she was talking to herself. “I’ll be off then.”

     “Yes, yes.” She waved him off before she walked away, into her mansion.

     She continued to smile as she entered her mansion, pleased at how interesting everything had gotten.

     She wondered how long Seliaryn would last as the king. And she wondered how long it was going to take before Avaryn was forced to try and kill Seliaryn for the throne.

     Things had gotten much more amusing.

     When Avaryn had finally made it back to Master Red’s hideout, he was surprised to see that all of the Hidden had already gathered there, including Master Red.

     Meenu, who had been reunited with Knight, was also standing near a door that led to another room in the hideout. She had a look of concern on her face, but didn’t say anything.

     Avaryn hesitated, and when he saw most of the younger members of the team give him a look of impatience, he understood what they wanted.

     An explanation.

     Life, the oldest of the warriors, seemed to have already known that Blood was Avaryn. Though she had never said anything, she was old enough to understand what had happened eight years ago. So she stood by Master Red, looking bored.

     The rest of them, however, clearly hadn’t known. Even though they had seen Avaryn’s true face here and there.

     Of course, eight years ago these men and women would have been too young to understand what had happened. And they had never actually seen Avaryn’s face when he was a prince.

     So Avaryn didn’t blame them for being upset with him.

     Light crossed his arms. “Well, Blood?” He started. “I don’t blame you for keeping such a secret but you’re going to have to explain this to us.”

     “You can’t expect us to continue to fight by your side when we can’t even trust you,” Heart continued. “And we only helped you this time around because we know you didn’t have time to explain it to us. But now you have to.”

     Avaryn looked at the young boy. His mask was off and he looked genuinely hurt.

     Fury had her mask off too. Her long golden hair wasn’t in her usual ponytail and it all tumbled over her shoulders, for some reason making her look a lot more vulnerable and like a young girl. She stared at Avaryn, her blue eyes looking unbelievably betrayed. “You were my partner for all these years.” She said. It came out softly. “I trusted you enough to tell you everything about myself. How could you not even mention something as crazy as this?”

     “I’m sorry, Fury.”

     The girl gave her partner a look of sadness. Though she was always strong and constantly angry, today she showed a side of her to everyone that only Blood had once known.

     Meenu watched Fury as she stared at Avaryn. This was the first time that Meenu saw her face and she was amazed by how beautiful she was. But she also looked genuinely hurt, as if Avaryn had actually done something so horrible to her.