Chapter Forty-Eight

Chapter Songs: Close as Strangers/If You Don't Know- 5 Seconds of Summer

((Okay so I uploaded a new fanfic called yellow, so go check that out pretty please :) And this is the last chapter, but I will be uploading an authors note tomorrow to give out more information about upcoming things. So enjoy....)

Andy

ONE MONTH LATER

Taking a deep breath, I turn off the ignition on my car. I sit, wondering if this is a good idea. My mind had been eating me up lately, I needed to do something to at least stop some of the thoughts. Opening the car door, I finally found the courage to walk towards the light grey colored house.

I knock three times on the house I had been in so many times. When there was no sound of foot steps approaching, nor was there a quiet "Come on," I decided to let myself in. The door was surprisingly unlocked, so I had no problem getting through the door. Walking through the familiar living room, to the kitchen. I was surprise to see her standing by the counter, looking down on some papers.

"Liz." I say quietly, trying not to startle her. It doesn't work anyways, she jumps a little and looks up. Her eyes had dark bags under them, just like how mine probably were too. She was dressed in her work attire.

"Andy, darling." She says and rushes over to me. She embraces me in a big hug, I rub her back in support. I could tell she started crying just a little.

She lets me go and stand back, wiping her eyes. "I'm sorry." She apologizes for crying, which I think is ridiculous, she has every right to cry.

"You don't have to be sorry." I tell her. "There's really nothing we can do at this point but wait."

Luke had gone missing since the night of the fire at Zone, which had been almost harmless, other than a few minor burns. It was like someone had planned for it to distract everyone so they could take Luke. As far as we know he disappeared, with Fletcher, and now the police had been trying to find them for a solid month, but there had been no leads. They basically dropped off the face of the earth. But we are all hoping that one day he would just come back, but that has yet to happen.

She nods, "Well sweetheart, I have to go to work, but you can stay here if you please." She looks at me with sad eyes, I nod and avoid the sad eye contact. She walks away and I was now in the ghostly quiet house alone.

Not wasting time, I made my way to his room. If anything, this room would be the best to just think about things. I had been in here a lot of times, but we usually ended up going back to my place at night. I try not to think about how I hadn't been able to snuggle up to him at night, I've cried too much already in the past month, I think I was out of tears.

Looking around the small room, there were random clothing items on the floor and an unmade bed. I sit on the bed, just thinking about what I would say to him, if he was in front of me.

I would tell him I loved him. I would tell him I was sorry for not being able to save him when he needed the help most, when he was the one who saved me when I needed the help most. There were so many things that I needed to tell him and regretted not saying when I said goodbye before he went off to fight.

My worst thought that had crossed my mind was the fact that he may not come back. And that was enough to completely rip my heart out. I couldn't live in a world without him.

Trying to hold back tears, I decide it's better if I would leave. This wasn't helping anything and being here was making me even more sad than I was. I get up from the bed that still had a faint smell of his cologne, and start to walk to the door. It was then, when I was almost out the door, I saw something. It was an envelope, that looked vaguely familiar. I picked it up, and turned it over, there was nothing written on the outside.