Chapter Forty

Chapter Song: Reckless- You Me At Six

Andy

Luke explains to the boys what he does at Zone, and why he is always covered in bruises. Riley and Ashton stop their bickering to listen in too. He explains what Zone is and how he got involved because of Austin. I don't think the boys really knew Austin that much, but they were told that he was Luke's brother, which to them was probably even more confusing than it was for me.

It was silent after Luke explains everything. "Well are you going to fucking say anything?" He exclaims. I don't think he is mad, but just more stressed out with everything happening. I take his hands and intertwine our fingers to calm him down. He gives my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Wait so what you're saying is that you go to this sketchy underground warehouse and you beat people up?" Calum asks, he looks sort of excited. If there wasn't as much tension I would've laughed.

"Yes, that is what I do." Luke says, shrugging like it isn't a big deal. It was a big deal, no matter what he says.

"Holy shit that's so fucking badass, can I come?" This time I do laugh at Calum, so does Luke and Austin.

"Yeah maybe." Luke smiles. I was scared of going there, I don't think I would go unless someone like Calum was there with me. So if Calum went, I might just have to join him. I always want to support Luke, but I didn't want what happened last time to happen again.

"You could even fight if you wanted," Austin jokes, Calums eyes go wide. There was some laughter after that from mainly everyone. We all knew Calum would never do that, he was too soft and sensitive. Even he knew that.

Everyone separated into different side conversations, but you can still hear Ashton and Riley's mean comments to eachother. "What do you think is going to happen with them?" Luke whispers to me.

"I think if Ashton has a brain, he'll break up with her. She's turned insane. Like how could you even yell at Payton? She's the nicest girl ever." I whisper back to him. I hadn't talked to Payton in a while, but I was going to text her or something, just to see if she's okay. I don't think she would be one to stand up to Riley, especially if she said the same things to me as she did to Payton.

Luke nods and was about to respond, when he was cut off, "No, you know what! Fuck you! You have been trying to sabotage my friendships with all of my friends and I'm sick of it. We are over!" Ashton yells.

I was not really surprised, I was just shocked by his sudden outburst. I think Luke was too, because he grabbed my hand a little harder than before. Riley burst out in tears again, something she was getting good at. It was annoying, she should have saw it coming.

"Someone needs to take me home." Riley says in between sobs, not even fighting back with Ashton. She just looked really sad, and I sort of felt bad for her. But then I remember what she said and how she acted and I didn't feel all that bad.

"There's no way in hell I am." Ashton mutters and goes to lay on the couch.

"Well, i guess I can. We took my car here," Calum informs us, "Can you take him home later?" Calum asks, looking out for his band mate. It was cute. I nodded at him and told him to go, "Are you coming?" Calum asks Michael, who had just been awkwardly standing there for a very long time.

"Uh, I think I'll stay just for a bit." He tells him. Calum makes a confused expression.

"Okay fuck it, come on Riley we are leaving." He says and Riley follows him to the door. She doesn't so much say goodbye and leaves. I was very confused as to why and how this night became to be the way it was. Here I thought Ashley and I were going have a girls night, but no that defiantly didn't happen.