Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Song: Misery- The Maine

Andy

I laugh at something that Calum says, realizing that him and Ashton are really funny. I haven't had much time to talk to them, but now having had spent the last two hours with them, they grew on me. The both liked some of the same music I did, and they had great senses of humor.

I got to know Payton too, she was nice. She was also really shy and I couldn't tell whether or not she liked me, or she was just being nice for Calum. They were a really cute couple though, he was protective of her, I could just tell. She was also extremely pretty, she had nature beauty.

Luke and I were sat on the couch, and the other two couples were sitting on two big chairs. We had music playing and we had just been talking the entire time. Well, everyone except for Luke. He hadn't said anything. Ashton tried to get him to talk, but he answered all of his questions with a one word answer and avoided any eye contact except for mine.

He took the time to play with my hair, just twirling it around his finger. I don't know if he was being unsocial because he didn't want to be there or just because he was being stubborn. I look up over to him, his fingers still in my hair, "Do you want to leave?" I whispered, not wanting everyone else to hear. I didn't want to stay here if Luke was having a horrible time.

He shook his head at me, not saying anything. I suppressed my sigh. Him not saying anything wasn't helping me in anyway. I made eye contact with Riley. She gave me a questioning look, I nodded my head towards the door. I think she understood that we wanted to leave. I didn't want to be rude to everyone else.

Well at least I think Luke wanted to leave. I honestly couldn't tell. Even if it was only 9 I knew that Luke probably had enough of everyone and just wanted to be alone for a while. Riley whispered to Ashton something, probably about us leaving. He nodded and stood up.

I then stood up too, I grabbed Luke's hand making him stand with me. "I think we are going to go, sorry everyone." I announced to the group.

"Aw, but Andy, the party was just getting started!" Calum exclaimed, I smiled a little at him. He was joking I could tell because I knew he knew Luke. And he knew Luke probably had enough. He gave me a small nod, like it was okay to go.

"Sorry, some other time?" I asked. Really meaning it because I did have a good time with them and wanted to hang out again for sure.

"For sure," Payton said this time, I smiled at her. I said my goodbyes to them and gave Payton my number. Luke was waiting by the door for me, he just nodded at everyone, not really saying good bye. Payton them grabbed my arm gently, coming close to my face.

"Is Luke okay?" She said to me.

I let out a little sigh, "Yeah, he is. He is just like this." I should have known that tonight was going to go the way it did. Yet I wanted to try something different, I thought if Luke got together with his 'Friends' you could say, he would interact. I was seriously mistaken.

She gives me a sad smile, "Well, okay. I'll text you tomorrow maybe we could do something this week?" She asks. I get excited, knowing that I had another friend I could trust. We may be completely opposite, but we might have an amazing friendship.

"Totally." I say back, I say goodbye. I walk to Ashton and Riley and say goodbye to them too, thanking them for letting us come over. Riley gives me a look and I knew she wanted to talk. Ever since I've know her, she's given me that one look. And it's a serious look.

"We can talk later," I say to her. I didn't want to keep Luke wanting much longer. I can just talk to her tomorrow, Luke needed me right now and I knew that. She nods and I walk to him. He takes my hand and heads towards the door. I follow him all the way out to the car, without saying a word. I knew something was wrong.