The Beginning

The Beginning: Part One of Five

(Untold scene of Chapter One)

Luke

I take the cigarette out of my mouth, and crush it into the dark concrete. I didn't even know why I had smoked it in the first place, I never smoke anyways, maybe it was because I didn't want to go to this concert. I don't know. But cigarettes are nasty as fuck, I figured out, and I don't plan on ever smoking one again.

Even though the cigarette was disgusting, it help me calm myself a little bit. It was also a bit of a distraction of tonight, I was already late to this concert. Not that I didn't like the band itself, I loved them, I just didn't like my shitty friends. Okay maybe they weren't the shitty ones, I was. But that still meant I didn't want to see them.

I guess I was just a little bit sour, but I had my reasons. They were making me go to this, because apparently I don't spend enough time with them. Because when I see them at band practice isn't enough. Our band was the only thing that's keeping me being friends with them. While that and I didn't have many other friends anyways.

All I really wanted to do right now was go out and drink, but I had to do this. Just so the guys would leave me alone. I walked up to the venue, making my way in, giving the guy my ticket that Ashton had bought for me. He texted me and told me that he was in the crowd. He also told me that he met a girl and she was in his words 'the most beautiful girl ever'. Yeah whatever, knowing him and his choices in the past, she was probably mean.

I decide to wait in the inside, I wanted to see if any of them were willing to come out and meet me. None of them replied, so I took that as a no. I was just about to leave the concert all together, when someone caught my eye.

She had bright red hair, a little curly at that. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a cut off band t-shirt. She was not a girl that stuck me as someone who I would want to just have sex with, which was very different from everything I had been feeling lately. She wasn't a pretty type, she didn't have the makeup nor did she dress up girly. She was beautiful in a way. But she was also really hot.

I watched her, go and buy a shirt, probably one to replace her worn out shirt she had on. She walked over to an empty spot in the room, drinking some water. I had been staring at her the entire time, it was like I couldn't take my eyes off her.

She was not like any of the girls I had been with recently, all of the recent ones had been one night stands, I would fuck them and then ditch. It was something I did to get my mind off everything. It was really unhealthy, I knew that, but I couldn't help it. But this girl, I didn't want to do that, I didn't want to hurt her. I haven't even said anything to her yet, I don't know what my mind is trying to tell me.

I look at her again and I see she caught me staring at her, and I knew this was my moment to make my move. I walked up to her, putting my arm next to her face, getting close to her face. She didn't look very amused. Most girls by now would be swooning. I think it was because of my tattoos or piercings, girls loved that shit. "Hey, what are you doing here alone?"

I admired her pretty brown eyes, and the way she bit her lip, "Trying to mind my own business, excuse me." She says. Well, shit. That was not what I was expecting. I kind of liked a bit of a challenge. I remove my hand from the wall and stand back a little.

"Whoa, okay sorry for trying to be friendly," I say, in the same tone.

"Well I don't need friendly gestures, just leave me alone." She scoffs. I almost laugh, what was this girl's issue? And who stuck a stick up her ass? I was only saying hi, it's not like I asked her to fuck me or anything. She needed to calm the fuck down.