Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Song: Turning Page- Sleeping At Last

Luke

Drugs. Smoke. Alcohol. These were the only things that were apparent at Zone, they were very glorified now compared to every other time I have been here. There was a thought in my mind that this 'Summer Smash' was just to get people to come here and buy the alcohol. I try to push it aside when I walk through the very unorganized fight club.

I had already fought 3 guys, in which I won. There were easy competition, just a few hits to the face and they were done. This now put me up in the 'bracket' so now I am number one on my side, Matthews being number one on his side.

I hadn't seen Matthews since I had been here, and now I was getting nervous. And for me, I usually don't get nervous. There was just something about him that really freaked me out, and how he knew Andy was still a mystery to me. It was getting later in the evening, and I was waiting for some fights to end, because Matthews and my fight was suppose to be the only one going.

I look around to the other fighters and see some get hit, and get brusied and some throw punches. It actually really made me think why I was here. Why I was still doing this, and why I even cared anymore. I started fighting because I needed something to get Andy off my mind, and now she's the only thing on it. And she was mine. I had no reason to keep doing something this dangerous and stupid.

My thoughts cloud my mind as I wander through the crowded area. I just wanted to go home. I was spacing out, too distracted by my own thoughts, I didn't hear her until she tapped my shoulder. "Luke!" She says as I turn around with a smile on my face.

"Hey babe." I say and embrace the short redhead taking her in for a hug. Calum was standing behind her, which I was thankful for him, so I wouldn't need to worry about her as much. Eventhough Calum probably couldn't hurt a fly, his height scared people away. I would know. "How long have you guys been here?"

"A while, we saw you fight the last guy, you totally killed him bro!" Calum exclaims, "Not seriously 'killed him' but you know what I mean." A few people look at him weirdly after his outburst. Andy giggles at him and I just shake my head.

"Thanks I guess?" I say, I wasn't all that proud that I had 'killed him' like Calum said, I just wanted to get it over with.

"Who are you fighting next?" Andy wonders and looks at me with her big brown eyes, she bites her lip as she waits for me to respond. It was an innoccent act for her, but little does she know if we were alone...

"Matthews." I say pulling myself from my thoughts. I see her eyes go wide in realization.

"Oh him? He fought Austin and Austin got creamed, like black eye and bloody face. That's what Ashley told me." Calum tells us.

I start to panic a little bit, just hearing that Austin got that hurt by him made my stomache swirl. Austin was pretty damn good too, it made me wonder how good Matthews was. "Hey Cal could I have a moment with her real quick?" I ask, wanting to talk to Andy.

"Oh yeah, I'll go by Ashley. Find me when you're done." Calum tells us, and I nod as he walks away.

"Have you seen him yet?" I ask her.

"Matthews?" I nod, "No, I haven't."

The main reason I want her to see him so I can know how he knows her. Theres's is something in the bottom of my stomach telling me that he is bad news and I don't want her to be around him if he is dangerous. Especially in a place like this, considering what happened last time she was here. After tonight, I am promising myself I am not coming back to this shithole.