36: Farewell

"Slash, where the fuck are we going? Can't you slow down your driving?" I said from the backseat.

"At the hospital. We're gonna see Gilby" Slash answered, blowing some smoke into the air.

"Poor Gilby… " I sighed. It hurts a lot to think that a very nice guy like him got into an accident and now he's fired fom the band.

"He's fine. He just broke his arm!" Duff sneered.

"Duff, that's not nice" I rolled my eyes at the blonde bassist. Axl have no idea that I'm with these two idiots right now to visit Gilby. Good thing that Axl was left at the mansion with Izzy, someone could divert his attention.

"Axl, would definitely freak out if he knows that you're gone" Slash said.

"No, because I told him that I'll meet up with my co-worker today"

"Smartass, that's my lil' bunny!" Slash chuckled.

A loud AC/DC song blared from the radio. The two rockstars at the front seat began singing like lunatics. Hopefully, no one notices them because we're actually riding Slash's BMW convertible that totally exposes us from the public people.

***

We reached the hospital after almost thirty minutes. It is pretty far. I was the first one to get out of the car because Slash and Duff was fixing something in the car. Asking for some assistance from a nurse, I searched for the room number they gave me. It was a fifth room at the second floor. I slowly opened the tall, white door, Gilby was sitting by the opened window, watching the birds fly away from the tree branches with a very sorrowful face. His injured arm was protected by a sling that was tied to his body. I've never seen him like this before, he's Izzy Stradlin's complete opposite. A guy who always smile.

"Gilby?" I said softly.

He turned to me, meeting those pair of sparkling, aquamarine eyes. "You came"

I walked towards him, touching his face. He smiled and my heart fluttered. "Uhm…my girlfriend is here"

"Oh, sorry!" I stepped away a little. "You have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I do" he answered, looking up to me. "But you're still the most beautiful girl I've ever met"

Those words just made me blush a little bit. Hearing compliments from him makes me feel special. Just like what Axl told me before.

"Shut up" I chuckled. But my laughter faded away immediately. "Look at you, what have you done to yourself?"

"I'll be okay, this would heal soon" he ruffled his dark, wavy hair with his other hand.

"I really missed you"

"I missed you more" he smiled again.

"Will you ever rejoin Guns N' Roses again?"

"I don't know… " his voice trailed off. "Axl fired me out of the band"

"What?" I exclaimed. "But… why?"

"Crystal, that's a long story and I don't want to get you involved with my problem.  Being here right now is the best thing you did for me" he explained and just by watching him, I could tell how sad he was.

"Axl doesn't know I'm here. He won't allow me to see you"

"Of course he won't… " he stopped and looked away.

"I'm really sorry for this Gilby"

"No Crystal, it's okay. He was disappointed and I don't think I deserve to be a part of their band"

"That's not true" I insisted. He's being hopeless and it breaks my heart.

The door creeked open, Slash and Duff came in. Gilby lifted his head to see the two guys.

"Oh, hey there"

"Gilby fucking Clarke, what have you done?" Duff took off his aviators, staring at Gilby's arm sling.

"He almost killed himself" Slash continued. "Where's your sexy girlfriend?"

"She picked up her little sister from school" the guitarist said nonchalantly. "And she said that she wanted to get me outta here when she comes back"

"She's really helping you out. I like her" Duff said with a grin.

"Yeah, that's what I like most about her" Gilby leaned his head against his seat. "So Stradlin's back?"

"Yeah and you'll never believe how much the guy has changed" Slash answered, laying a huge box on the floor. "And this is for you"

Gilby slapped his forehead, trying not to smile. "What the fuck is that?"

Duff grinned mischievously. "You're gonna love that, man"

"How am I suppose to see what's inside that thing?" Gilby couldn't remove the smile across his face and I love seeing him happy.

"Oh, the arm! I can fix that!" Slash snickered as he walk towards Gilby but the injured guitarist know what he's about to do.

"No! Stay back! Don't fucking touch me!" Gilby yelled.

"Slash! You dork!" I pushed him away.

"I was just trying to help" Slash shrugged as if he's innocent.

"Fine, I'll open it for you!" Duff volunteered. He uncovered the huge box, pulling out a black Gibson Les Paul guitar. It was new and I assumed that it was from Slash.

"Oh, Jesus Christ!" Gilby laughed again.

"Cool!" I commented as Duff began strumming on the strings.

"It's a gift" Slash smirked. "Axl might have fired you out from the band but you're still a good guy to us"

"And we looove you!" Duff sang along.

"Thanks pals, I really appreciate this so much" Gilby shrugged, still smiling widely. Duff laid the guitar on the neat, white bed.

Slash let out a heavy sigh, "So… we must be on our way. Axl’s probably looking for us"

"Farewell" Gilby answered before shifting his gaze at me. "Goodbye, thanks again. We'll meet again, someday…"

"Hope you'll be okay soon"

"Let's go Crystal, Axl's waiting!" Slash held my hand, leading me out of the door.

"Be careful!" I whined.

"So long Gilby!" Duff yelled, closing the door silently.

Once we got out, I couldn't help but think about that charming guitarist who feels so sad about his sudden execution from the band. I kept my gaze on the floor as we enter the elevator.

"Why do you care so much about him?" Duff draped an arm around my shoulders.

"Uhm… because he's really nice to me" I said softly.

"Don't worry, he have Daniella to take care of him" Slash said.

"Daniella? His girlfriend?"

"Exactly" Slash nodded.

I remained quiet till we got into the car again.

A/N:

This really sad and a very short chapter. But it shows a good relationship in between the band members. The following chapters would be less dramatic. I'd be editing this book once it's done. I'll add some pictures and videos to the previous chapters. Any suggestions?

READ, COMMENT, VOTE