12: A kiss of vengeance

Steven and Crystal got on to his motorbike again. Once the vehicle sped off down the streets, Crystal heard another calling voice that faded away as they go farther.

Who cared about me?

Only Steve…

But not those guys whom I called 'friends'…

And not that pathetic asshole whom I truly loved…

        She thought bitterly to herself, gripping tighter on to Steven's leather jacket and buried her face into his back.

"Hey, you alright?" she could hear Steven's voice through the roaring sound of the motorbike.

***

      Crystal was feeling weak and weary as they step out of the elevator. They walked down the hallway and Steven opened a door and gestured her to come in. The room is neat and clean. She took off her fur coat, leaving only the black tubedress she was wearing from work, she sat on the couch and folded her arms over her chest. Steven kept on checking her out as he walk to the kitchen. He grabbed two glasses and a bottle of vodka from the fridge and got back to the living room.

"You live here all alone?" Crystal said when she saw him.

"Yeah" Steven laid the vodka and glasses on table infront of Crystal. As he eye her from head to toe, he noticed a few, fading bruises on her arms and some on her legs.  "Axl's so mean"

       He held her hand, stretching out her arms to see those strange spots on her pale skin.

"Yeah I know…" she flipped her hair out of her face.

"You alright?" 

She shook her head, "No"

"Want to feel better?" he glared at her, stroking his finger through her copper hair.

"Steven…" she sighed, rolling her eyes. "I don't want to dance with Mr. Brownstone"

He felt a bit amused, "It's not about that"

      He reached for the bottle of vodka and filled the glasses on the table, handing the other one to Crystal.

"Just a few shots…"

"Thanks" she gave him a weak smile, taking the glass from him.

"My pleasure" he smirked.

         They talked to each other for hours about how she feels right now, her conversation made her emotional that she didn't realized that she had drunk too much. Right now, her head is spinning and she was barely aware of what she's saying.

"Oh my gosh" she groaned.

"How could you be so beautiful?" Steven lifted her chin with his finger, studying her fine features. She layed her hands around his neck, entangling her fingers into his frizzy, blond hair.

"I've been always beautiful" she raised an eyebrow teasingly. Maybe it was the alcohol speaking right now.

      Steven sighed and pressed his lips on hers. She kissed back but there was no spark, no pleasure… but it was like taking vengeance.

       The last time she could remember is she's making out with Steven till she got totally knocked out.

***

       The next morning, she woke up with a pounding headache, she found herself sleeping beside Steven who was embracing her. She slowly shifted her gaze and saw that they were still on the sofa, underneath a scarlet blanket. Remembering everything, the whole incident at the arena, the bottle of vodka, she panicked and Steven got startled.

"Crystal…" he said with his graspy, morning voice.

"Did we… " her voice trailed off as she look directly into his eyes in nervousness.

"I don't know" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh crap" she blushed.

       She got up and grabbed her black dress on the floor, putting it on hurriedly. Steven also got up and zipped the back of her dress.

"I'm so sorry Steven, I was so drunk last night and-"

"Crystal, calm down" he cut her off "It's okay…"

She sighed and turned to him, seeing Steven in jeans only.  "I must be going, Axl must have found out that I went to the arena, I must go back to our home before he finds me here and I don't want you to get involved or get... hurted"

"But Crystal, why'd you wanted to back there? He's just hurting you?" he held her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"I still love Axl no matter how bad he was" she held a weak smile, touching his face gently. "I need to go back"

"I'll miss you. Take care of yourself, he's the luckiest guy on earth to have a caring girl like you" he kissed her hand. Crystal blushed again. Steven seemed to be in love her.

"Thanks for everything, Steven. We'll meet again someday" she kissed him on the cheek and slipped on her red stilletos.

        Grabbing her bag and her furcoat, she glanced at him for the last time before walking out of the door.