Chapter 15

Earth - Year 3204
Northern Academy

Blaze:
We are walking next to the outer wall of the academy not far from where the original exit is. We decided to walk towards it and follow the wall away from it to see if we could find or spot anything. For now there's been nothing which gets me on edge because I'm not the patient type. I'm not sensing anything and apparently he's not sensing me so I'm feeling a little weighed-down by the walking and walking without any results. I don't know why I'm feeling this down though. Breeze and I have barely been partners for a couple of days, and we pretty much distrust each other. I've never once thought about the fact that I would be worrying about him.

"Are you still not sensing anything?" My Sen...I mean, Senior Pool asks me. Imagine that we actually know his name now. I'm sort of not used to that yet. In response to his question however, I shake my head. "No, there's been nothing..." I let out before I find myself stopping. He walks on a few more steps before I sense him turning around to face me. "What is it?" He asks. "I'm not sure...I just..." I stop for a moment before I actually manage to say it. "What if he's...you know..." He sighs deeply. He must've considered that as well. "We don't know that for sure. I don't want you thinking that until we know for sure, alright?" He answers. I nod weakly as I walk up to him.

It would probably help my mind to keep that train of thought: to not walk around assuming something I think might be the case when it could be otherwise. I should wait until I know for sure before I... it's just that it's always been in my nature to assume such things. I have yet to learn certain things about...well being human I guess. We keep on walking for a bit in silence as I keep looking around, especially the walls. Did I mention they were freezing cold?

Well, obviously they would be considering they are shielding everybody in here from the deadly blizzard out there. Even being near the walls is freezing cold enough. Although, when I think to where Breeze might be, I have chosen to ignore my mind's constant bitching. I'm pretty sure wherever Breeze is he's worse off than I am at the moment. He must be having it like ten or even a hundred times worse than I am. If it was me out there, sure I could just open up a flame in my hand to keep warm...well relatively warm anyways.

I tried to touch the walls in the beginning. Bad call I learned almost right away. Senior Pool's told me during this walk that frost-bite is a common injury among people touching the walls. Mostly common with the guards because they spend a lot of time around the walls and if they can be smart enough to touch ice-cold metal with their bare hands, they're bound to get injures. Obviously I wasn't that careless when I touched it, I had a weak flame surrounding my hand, but I could still sense the difference in temperature.

I've been looking at my feet for the past few minutes, but for some reason, I look up and further ahead I spot something in the wall. "Senior, I see something..." I let out as I point towards it. "Alright, we should take a look at that." Once we get there, we can sense a cold and harsh wind blowing through the opening. "Open up a flame..." He says and I just oblige to give us a good look at what we're possibly dealing with. The first thing we both notice is that this is not just an opening in the wall, this is a tunnel.

"Can he have gone through here?" I then ask him as I turn my attention towards him. "I don't know for sure, but this seems like something we should investigate further." He says at first as the wind comes at us and my flame goes out. "However, we're going to need some of those coats from back there. We wouldn't want to freeze to death?" He says as he gets up and is about to walk off. I'm a little reluctant to leaving for some reason. He could be out there in his final breaths while we went to grab those coats. "Blaze?" I hear from behind me as I snap out of it. "I'm just gonna stay here in case I hear him." I let out. He nods as he walks off.