Chapter 8

Year: 3204
Northern Academy

Blaze:
There's this awkward mood when I finally stand face to face with the boy I saw on top of that bunker. Yeah, I'm quite sure it is him. However, I don't say anything because I'm pretty sure he broke more than one rule sitting there. Looking at him, he looks physically strong...I mean, he's got that typical physical look for a 17 year old Junior, but there's something about his face and the way he shakes my hand. He's not that strong as he might look. Being an Elemental, it's not all about the physical strength, you also have to have it inside your mind, inside your emotions. He doesn't do a good job hiding it if he's trying. He's lacking a lot.

"So, none of you have anything before tomorrow, but I do suggest you two take a walk around the academy and have a look. I'm sure Breeze won't mind showing you around." Super-Senior says directed at me. There's still this awkward silence in the room. "Perhaps you two will get to know each other as you do." He then adds as I look over at Breeze. He's observing me just as much as I'm observing him. Well, I'm not gonna give him anything that's for sure. "That sounds like a good idea, Super-Senior." He then answers. "Good, I'll leave you two to it." The Super-Senior then says as I follow Breeze.

There is still this freaking chill in the air and I'm still in this coat that they gave me on the aircraft earlier. I have no intentions in taking it off any time soon either. "I'll show you the quarters first..." He lets out as I simply nod while following him. Walking through the halls, they are all pretty much the same in design as the ones in the East...well, except for the damn cold in the air. I pull the coat closer to my neck as I catch him looking over at me slightly. "You'll get used to with it time...the temperature I mean. We've all been freezing the first days, but after a while it passes." He says out of the blue.

I can only imagine however...getting used to different environments is something we have to. Then again people hardly transfer from one academy to the other. "I did like it better with warmer temperature." I then let out after a while. He turns his head slightly towards me. "I'll bet..." He answers as we keep walking towards the quarters. It's quite a distance to walk from the Super-Senior's building. A Senior or two walk past us as I keep following Breeze.

I'm a little curious as to why he wants to show me the quarters first. I mean, I'm not scared of what you might think he might be up to...yeah, poorly said, but I think you suspect what I might be thinking about and I know that's not the thing. Once we get to a door, he slows down and opens it and allows me in first. It's just a normal room like the one I shared with Rocky: cold, sterile, small as it's ever been. "One question..." I then say as he turns towards me. "Why would you show me this place first?" I ask.

"I'm not quite sure to be honest...probably so you know where to escape to if you don't want to follow me around." He answers. I turn thoughtful as I look over at him. He looks back at me. "You don't have to tell me you dislike or don't trust me. Just by your constant examining I know that. So if you don't want to stay with me after the tour at least you know where to go." He then says. I shrug lightly at him. "Listen, you go and show me around the place, and then I'll decide afterwards if I want to stay in your company or not..." I then challenge him. I see him turn insecure. He's not the commanding type I figure quite fast.

Breeze:
That tone in which she just spoke her words really gets to me. It's the same kind of tone that I've grown familiar to over the year and I hate it. I don't know if she sees that in my stance or not, but those kinds of replies have been the kinds that have pushed me over the edge on several occasions. I can sense the pounding in my chest as I feel aggravated, but I decide to let it go. She's new, she doesn't know me...at least not yet. We need to get to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses and boundaries. Something tells me, that's gonna take quite som effort.