Chapter 9

Year 3204
Northern Academy

Breeze:
There was something in her eyes…when I told her what element I possess and control, there was this hint of despise towards it. I hardly think it’s got anything to do with me personally, we’ve barely met, but the fact that I have an element that I have a feeling she despises more than anything, clearly isn’t a good thing. And then there’s just a strange thing in the air between us. It makes me think that I know these things. I don’t know how…it was just like when she was looking at me when I sneaked a peak from on top of that bunker.

I still can’t figure it out though. Some say these are the beginning stages of the telepathic element, but I’m only 18. I shouldn’t be experiencing this until after I’ve gained proper control of my element. On second hand, I shouldn’t even be considering the possibility of having it. I’m talking about me, Breeze, after all. With my self-esteem I can never hope to achieve that kind of ability. Gaining control of the wind for now is the most powerful state I can ever hope to reach.

I’m more likely going to end up looking over my shoulder walking down the corridors. Of course I do. Being in the same academy as Rain I have to keep watching over my shoulder to be sure he’s not anywhere behind me. I know what he wants if he gets to me: he’s going to taunt me, make me expose myself and send me to containment. At this time they are done with the dual-session, but for once, I’m spotting them first. Rain looks tired by the looks of it. He did have quite a fight and he did handle it pretty well.

I guess that’s why it’s so hard for me. He knows what he’s capable of and I know it…he knows that I know it as well which is where the problem lies. He knows I can’t control my element, while he can control his without a shout of doubt. For once at least, since I came in here, I’d like to know how he does that. I know I could always ask him, as my free-will extends towards him as well, but he would more than likely shrug it off and lure my element out of me. He always seems to know how to do it.

From where I stand, I can look at him without him looking at me. I’m still feeling a little uneasy for some reason. I’m not nervous or anything it’s just that…I don’t know why I’m imagining things, but for some reason a picture of me finding him dead pops into my head. The scenery revolves around the field or something similar. I sense my heart is pounding as I snap out of it. My brother is still out there in the corridor, right by the entrance to the dual-session room.

Looking at him, I begin to wonder if I’ll miss him if he should ever die. I mean, sure, he’s my brother and all, but he’s not been treating me like his brother at all. I just get the feeling that I more than likely won’t feel anything if he should ever die. Whatever or whoever that’s putting these images inside my head is more than likely to know that as well.

Blaze:
An Elemental of air…God, when they first push me over the edge by moving me away from my first academy, they go on to put me together with a freaking Elemental of air. Of course they wouldn’t take into consideration that that was the element that killed my sister. As if things weren't bad enough being here. I now have to learn how to trust that guy as well. Putting me together with the element that killed my sister really puts me on an edge. That element was my sister’s elemental nemesis…and now I know I’m his. How the hell am I supposed to trust him?

I haven’t been completely honest about it, but that session…the last session with my sister is in my head all the time. I keep seeing how my sister’s earth was just dissolved by the wind, making her lose control. It’s just that in one second she’s in supreme control, but she’s just run into the wind-elementals trap by creating that sandstorm. The wind dissolved her so badly that she couldn’t control it and she hit the ground pretty hard. In the middle of all this the stupid Seniors were just watching!