Chapter 11

Earth: year 3204
Northern academy

Breeze:
This morning was just too good to be true…I really should have known after all these years. How I even came to consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, I could get myself to a session without running into my brother Rain and his all too loyal partner, Ember. Looking at them both now, I just feel like I’m being stabbed in the chest a thousand times per second that Rain looks at me. He’s just standing there grinning, all smug as usual. I look over at Blaze and she seems…well, what do I say: curious, surprised? Not, surprised…she must’ve seen some of the ticks yesterday. She has to know what to expect.

“My, oh my…if it isn’t my little brother and he’s finally gotten himself an Elemental-partner. To tell you the truth, I’m really surprised. I mean, I never thought they’d find someone to match you.” He said crossing his arms before turning slightly towards Blaze. “You should really feel offended by the way…” I look down as I can sense the wind is already stirring up, both inside of me and in my palms. “You better calm down there, tornado. You wouldn’t want to prove us right in front of your partner, would you?” She then says. I look over at her, but I don’t answer. This is just what they both do. This time it’s even worse. This time they are trying to convince Blaze to distrust me even more.

“If I did you’d always help me with that am I right?” I then let out, trying to sound more confident, but after less than a second I know it doesn’t sound like it. As usual they both just shrug it off. I can even sense Blaze look at me with a certain look. As if she’s telling me I should’ve just kept my mouth shut. “Sure we’d help, but you know, it’s mostly on you…” Rain starts as I look up for some stupid reason. “You see, whenever I do this, you’re always affected by it, but when you talk to me, I don’t even care what you think so it doesn’t bother me. Have you considered that to be your real problem?”

For once, my brother…I mean Rain is proving a fair point. I still consider him as my brother despite the fact that he’s been treating me as someone far less than that. That part actually makes me care about what he says and thinks about me. It’s like he’s trying to make me ashamed of what we once were: family, brothers. No matter how hard I try to and have tried in the past, I can’t look past that. I can’t forget that he is my brother, that he is my own flesh blood. It just doesn’t work like that.

“I’m sorry for remembering where I come from…it seems to be more embarrassing for some people than others.” I let out slightly agitated. I am really trying to keep myself contained right now. Whatever Ember whispers to Rain, I don’t get and I’m honestly not interested to know either. What I’m focusing on more than anything right now is not unleashing that wind on them. Sure I could, I mean they deserve it, but it has gotten me in trouble in the past and I’m not interested in any trouble. Even less am I interested in standing right here, in front of Rain and Ember.

After a while of just looking at me squirm, Rain turns towards Blaze. “I’m sorry to see your path end up with him. My little brother over here isn’t much to look at…even less of a person to be trusted. I mean how can you trust him if he can’t control his own damn element? You’re at least interesting, I’ll give you that much…just a shame you’re stuck with him.” That part right there hits me even harder in the gut as I’m keeping myself on a really tight leash. I’m doing whatever I can to not throw him against a wall right now…but at some point, I just know that it’s bound to burst out into a storm.

Blaze:
This is bad…like really bad. I just tell by the way Breeze is turning more and more closed in on himself. He can’t manage to stare his brother in the eyes because he’s fighting so intense inside his own mind to stay in control of his own emotions. I’ll give it to him: he’s got an intense strength to not unleash everything on Rain and Ember right here and now. If I was in his position, I would just unleash it out on them so that they wouldn’t dare cross me like that again. Of course, there is a story about why Breeze doesn’t. I just don’t know it yet.