Chapter 17: Heartache

---------- Back to Alyssa's PoV -----------------

I knew it! I was just another fool to believe that Xavier would like me, I'm probably another person to try to get into bed with. 

I went to find Xavier to talk it out only to see another girl on him and she was leaning in for a kiss. 

I can't... I just can't. I went home feeling emptier than ever. I finally get home and when I went in I see Alex glaring at me. Shit, what did I do now?

"What's the meaning of this Alyssa?" he says calmly which sorts of scares me. He shows me his phone which was an article which showed pictures of me and Xavier going to the gym, to eat and at the mall. My heart twinge when I see the picture but I sigh.

"You don't have to worry about that Lex." I said calling him by his nickname I created for him. "I just saw him with another girl at the bar." I managed out before tears start spilling out of my eyes.

Alex's eyes soften when he sees me cry and pulls me into a hug. 

"Hey, it's ok, he's an asshole," he says trying to make me feel better but that just makes me start wailing. "Don't tell me you actually like him..." he trails off and after a while of just me crying in his arms he sighs. 

"Come on Lyssa. Let's get you to bed. I got your duffle bag from school."

I nod hiccupping and sniffling as I let Alex pull me to my room. When he was about to leave I pull his shirt and whispered raspily, "Stay please."

He nods and gets into bed with me, keeping his arm around me and I slowly drift off to sleep. 

Next Morning

I wake up to Alex calling me. I yawned and turned around, ready to go back into my peaceful slumber when water comes splashing on my face. I sit up and gasped and I see Alex smirking at me.

"Good morning dear sister." 

I groaned, "Why are you in such a good mood?"

His smirk turns into an evil one and I gulped, "Oh, nothing. Just have to best friend to murder for breaking my dearest sisters heart."

I frown, feeling my heartache at the mention of Xavier. I got out of bed and did my normal routine. 

When I got to school, by car, I go to class straight away so I don't have to face Xavier. I open my phone and text Ashley and Sheena about everything that happened yesterday.

Oh, that reminds me! I text Aryana telling her to come over on Friday for our sleepover and Sheena and Ashley as well. 

Immediately, Ashley and Sheena respond with, "We need to talk during lunch. Can't believe you didn't tell us straight away!" 

I sighed and closed my eyes, and plugging in my earphones. Ten minutes later the bell rings and the teacher comes in.

Here we go again...