Chapter 8: Late

"No," I said immediately and walked out of the room.
What was he thinking??? Ugh, I sighed knowing that that one stupid sentence from him will be stuck in my head for the rest of today.
"Let's go be a star," I muttered and did my superstar smile. Just kidding. I stood next to Sheena since she stands in the middle.
"What was that about" Sheena grinned at him playfully nudging me.
"Shut up." I groaned face red.
"Go ASA!" We chanted and walked onto the stage.
"And they are back!" Yelled the host.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day

Ring ring ring

Ring ring ring

I groaned as I picked up my phone.
"Hello?" I replied voice raspy because I literally just woke up.

"Hey, Alyssa. You should have been awake by now," my manager's voice said.
"Why?" I asked confused, checking the time.
10:35 am
SHIT! I MISSED FIRST AND SECOND PERIOD.
"Shit, shit, shit, shit," I muttered running toward the bathroom while putting my phone down on the counter and putting it on speaker mode.
"Yah... I'll leave you to it. Call me after school okay?"
"Yah yah! Bye love you! You're a lifesaver." I heard her laugh as I hung up while brushing my teeth.
The reason why I overslept today was because I couldn't sleep at all last night. I quickly put on my contacts and wig.

Go on a date with me
Crap! No! Don't think about it. I ran out the door and locked the door. And I ran toward school.

When I got there it was already lunchtime. Fuck... I ran toward the lunchroom and saw Ashley and Sheena eating at our usual table. I sighed and walked toward them.
"Girl, what the fuck?" Sheena asked looking at me. I sat next to her.
"You're so late. You didn't even fucking pick up your phone when we called you." Ashley said frowning. "What kept you up?"
I frowned at her dirty mouth. I know it might not seem it but I really don't swear that often. Usually, I just say shit but hey! Shit isn't a "bad" word, it's just a rude word. I don't usually swear unless I have to or when I have no idea what I'm saying.
I looked at my phone and realise I had more than 70 miss calls.
"Whoops?" I grinned. "It's fine."
They rolled their eyes at me.
"Typical Alyssa..." Sheena muttered and Ashley made some sound of agreement.
"What?!?" I exclaimed and they laughed. "Whatever..." I muttered.
"So... how awesome was yesterday?" Ashley exclaimed and we talked throughout the whole lunch about funny stuff from the interview yesterday.

I sighed as I walk into English class knowing very well that Xavier was going to be in it.
I walked into the class and started to make my way to my usual seat in the middle of the class, next to the window when I noticed that Xavier was sitting next to my seat. Wow.. for once he's early to class.
I stopped and walked away to HIS usual seat in the back of the class and sat down. No one ever dares to sit in the same row as him beside his face. No idea why. I saw him frown and stood up. No no no no don't walk toward me. I silently prayed.
The chair next to my screeches and he plops onto the seat.
"Hey, babe." He smirks. I can feel the eyes of the students coming in on me. Oh and the teacher's. I kept my head down.
"Can you not?" I whisper. I see him frown from the side of my eyes.
"Why?"
"I don't like this attention"
He frowns even more, I see him glare at everyone and they immediately look away and the teacher started to start the class. He lets out a chuckle.
"Miss superstar doesn't like attention?"
"Miss superstar doesn't doesn't like attention but little miss nerd need sure doesn't." I hissed.
He looks amused, smirking and I've never been a violent person but I wanted to smack his smirk off.