Chapter eleven: Charon

Start from the beginning

''Meaning us?'' David asked, looking at his wrists which he covered back up with his sleeve. 

''Exactly.'' Gold looked at his adoptive daughter, giving her a sad smile. ''And when the moon reaches its peak, the ferry from the underworld will arrive and drag us down there.''

''That doesn't sound good.'' 

''Speaking as one who's been there, it's not.'' Lillian looked down at her wrists, after all of the hard work she put in to get back to the normal world, the Underworld was again claiming her. 

''So, how do we stop it?'' Regina said with a small sneer in her voice, Lillian softly raised her shoulders in defeat, already knowing the answer.

''We can't. The underworld is worse than you can possibly imagine. It's gonna make you wish the old stories of fire and brimstone were true. It's gonna make you wish for death.'' Lillian looked at her mentor who continued. 

''And then the realization will hit that death has already come, and this fresh torture is all that's left.'' 

''Gold, you're scaring Henry.'' Emma said as she held her son close to her own body, trying to provide some comfort to him. 

''Good, because we should all be scared. This is Death itself.- This is a fight we cannot win.''

'' No. I'm not marked. I'm not going to give up. There has to be something we can do.'' Emma looked with a great look of desperation, Lillian and Gold looked at each other before Gold spoke again.

''You're right. There is something. Use this time wisely. Use it to say goodbye.'' He walked away as Lillian looked at her own wrist again before realization hit.

''Peter ... '' 

Lillian rushed into her, Peter and Neal's house looking at Peter who was holding their son. 

''Peter.. please tell me that ... ''

''That what?'' Lillian showed her wrist, her face falling down. 

Peter's eyes widened as placed his son in his crib and walked towards her, a sigh of relief washing over Lillian. At least her children and husband were safe. At least she knew that they wouldn't get hurt. 

Peter took her into his arms, one of his hands on her hair, allowing her to sob into his shoulder. ''We'll find a way Lily, I promise.'' Lillian gave a slight nod, looking at the twins. 

''Maybe it's time to name them ... in case I can't do that anymore ... '' 

Lillian, Bealfire and Peter joined Henry, Mary Margret, David and Neal II in Granny's, holding the twins.

''Have you finally given them a name?'' Lillian gave a nod, smiling at Peter. 

''We wanted to before it's too late, Bealfire has agreed to help Peter with looking after them.'' Henry smiled at them and tried to get his finger out of the small baby girl's hand. 

''So, what are their names?'' Lillian smiled at her daughter before seating her up a bit, making sure that everyone could see her face. 

''Luna, after my mom.''

''And Liam, after her cousin.'' 

Mary Margret walked towards the bar, her eyes landing on the boombox with a letter on it.