Micah Bell: More Than a Night

Start from the beginning

"I have to go to work" you told him blankly as you pushed him off of you.

"Aw, are you mad at me?" he asked, his voice seeming more mocking than genuinely concerned.

"No, I'm not mad at you" you assured him and you were telling him the truth. You were more mad at yourself than at him.

The pair of you finished getting dressed before you showed Micah to the door. He went to give you a kiss goodbye but as he lent down to you, you placed your hand on his chest to stop him.

"What's wrong now?" Micah asked with a sigh, admittedly you sometimes wanted to slap him.

"Maybe you shouldn't drop by anymore" you told him, hanging your head like you couldn't meet his gaze.

"Why's that?" he asked, definitely taken back by your words but he wasn't going show that.

"I, uh...I gotta move on and stop doing this" you poorly explained, vaguely gesturing between you and him.

"What do you mean?" Micah raised an eyebrow, now leaning against the door frame.

"I need to start doing something productive. Y'know, find something that is actually going somewhere" you said, now lifting your head and meeting his gaze.

"We ain't going anywhere?" he asked, sounding almost amused at the thought.

"Don't act like that, Micah. You know that we aren't going anywhere. We've had a lot of fun but I need something more serious, something that I can depend on. And...that just isn't you" you told him, your voice going quiet at the end as you hung your head again. This was harder than you thought it would be but you knew that you had to do it, you couldn't just keep going with this relationship that wasn't even a relationship. Either Micah had to start being more reliable or you had to stop seeing him.

"Alright" Micah nodded. Again, he seemed amused and unconvinced, like you were just telling him a joke. "I'll see you soon, Y/N" he chuckled a little before turning to leave.

"Micah" you sighed as you reached out and grabbed his wrist, making him stop and look back at you. "I'm being serious, you shouldn't come around here anymore" you insisted, needing him to take you seriously.

"You want to get married? Have kids? Live in a pretty little house? Then, fine. Good luck with that" Micah scoffed at you and you couldn't tell whether he sounded angry or offended. Anyway, was it really all that crazy to want a life like that?

"I never said I wanted any of that, I just want something to rely on and apparently you can't be that" you corrected him.

"You got someone else to rely on?" he asked, seemingly towering over you now. You could definitely see now that he looked insulted.

"...not exactly but...but there is a man from work. He has asked me out a few times and I'm thinking about saying yes this time" you confessed. You wouldn't agree to see that man when you were still with Micah but if you were to leave Micah, there was nothing stopping you.

Micah was taken back by this, he definitely wasn't expecting that. "Good for you" he practically spat as he pulled his wrist out of your grasp and walked away.

You just sighed and closed the door, running your hands over your face as you lent back against the door. That was certainly difficult for you but you were proud of yourself for finally telling Micah what you needed. If he couldn't be what you needed then you couldn't be with him and that would have to just be his problem.

-----

You went on a date with the man form work, and it was nice. He was kind, polite and handsome. He was all around pleasant company. There was only one problem. He wasn't Micah.