Hosea Matthews: Taken Part 2

Hosea Matthews & Teenage Daughter Reader

Summary: you go to Bronte's party with some of the gang, including your father, Hosea.

Word Count: 2250

After you convinced your father to take you to the party with him, Dutch took all of you shopping. He said that if you were all going to the party, you would all have to look the part. So Dutch, Hosea, Arthur and Bill all got brand new suits and you got a new dress. The dress was far nicer than anything you have worn before, Dutch really went all out for the five of you.

You all arrived at the party in a carriage and had to hand in your guns before being led into the large house by a man named Luca.

"Hosea, Y/N, Bill, you join the party. We'll meet you out back after we pay out respects to signor Bronte" Dutch ordered as you all followed behind Luca.

"Oh no, Mr Bronte wishes to see Miss L/N...if that is alright with you, Miss" Luca told you all with an apologetic smile.

"Not a problem" you assured him with a smile, following Dutch and Hosea.

"Y/N..." Hosea sighed as he gentle grabbed your arm, stopping you in your tracks.

"Dad, I will be fine, I have Arthur and Dutch to protect me. Go and...make some contacts like Dutch said" you smiled, telling him that everything was going to be alright. What would Bronte do to you at a bust party anyway? Hosea nodded before reluctantly letting go of your arm.

"We'll meet you out on the balcony when you're done" Hosea nodded at the three of you before walking away with Bill.

You, Dutch and Arthur followed Luca up the stairs and out onto a balcony that over looked the whole party.

"Ah, the angry cowboys, you've arrived and you've washed!" Bronte exclaimed, far too cheerfully, before turning any saying something in Italian to the men who were with him. You couldn't understand what he was saying but you aren't stupid, you knew that he was insulting them or something similar. "Ciao, bella! I'm so glad you could come, took some persuading, I'm sure" he smiled as he turned back to you, holding his arms out as if he was going to hug you.

"Ciao, Angelo. You're right, it did" you greeted him with a small laugh, only to gasp a little as he pulled you into a friendly hug.

"But you're here and that's good. And you look magnificent!" Bronte smiled as he pulled away from you, giving your shoulders a quick squeeze before stepping away from you. You, Arthur Dutch shared confused glances, all of you glad that Hosea wasn't here to get protective.

"This is quite the party you've invited us to" Dutch commented as the four of you walked up to the balcony, you moving to stand beside Arthur.

"Yes, quite something...although I'm not quite sure what" Bronte nodded.

"So...this is Saint Denis high society?" Dutch asked rhetorically as the four of you looked down at the party and the party goers.

"Yes, apparently so" Bronte hummed as one of the men working at the party handed out some cigars. Dutch and Arthur accepted one but you didn't.

"And all these people...th-these are friends of yours, Signor Bronte?" Dutch asked and you tried not to laugh.

"I hope Dutch doesn't ruin his new trousers over this...social climbing" you leaned into Arthur as you whispered into his ear. Arthur laughed in surprise and amusement but covered it with a cough when everyone looked at you both.

"You're disgusting...but you're not wrong" Arthur whispered back to you, making you smile before you both turned your attention back to Dutch and Bronte.