Leopold Strauss: Just One Drink

Leopold Strauss X Female Reader

Summary: Strauss is in town getting more medical supplies for camp at Clemens Point and meets the reader as he bumps into her. They get to know each other over a beer as an apology. Leopold introduces the reader to the camp and the reader becomes his assistant for the accounting of the camp.

Word Count: 2300

You walked through the town, glancing over your shoulder. You sighed when you were confident that nobody was following you. You were just about to turn to look where you were going but you crashed into something. You huffed as the wind was knocked out of you and you stumbled backwards. You turned to see what you had walked into only to see that it was a man. He was an older man wearing a pair of spectacles.

"Ah, I'm sorry sir, I wasn't looking where I was going" you apologised, hoping that you hadn't hurt him.

"Yes, it's fine, I wasn't paying any attention either. It seems that we are both to blame" the man spoke and shook his head. You tilted your head and smiled slightly when you heard the accent, you couldn't recall hearing the accent often but you recognised it as German perhaps.

That was also when you looked down and saw that you can caused him to drop all of his things. You apologised again as you both knelt down to pick them up, you figured that you should help him since you were partly to blame. It all seemed to be medical supplies, more than one man should need. Luckily none of it was damaged. You helped him pick everything up before you both stood up.

"I think it's all alright, sorry about that" you apologised again as you placed the items you were holding in his bag.

"It's alright, nothing is broken" the man nodded as he closed his bag. He looked at you and paused for a moment. You looked back at him and smiled.

"How about I buy you a drink? Y'know to make up for running into you" you suggested with a warm smile.

"You really don't have to do that" the man shook his head, he didn't think that you had any reason to put so much effort into an apology.

"I insist...come on, it's just a drink" you encouraged him, gesturing towards the saloon on the other side of the road.

"I...fine, fine. Just one drink" he nodded, sighing as he gave in.

"My name is Y/N L/N, by the way" you introduced yourself and held out your hand for him to shake.

"Leopold Strauss" he introduced himself as he shook your hand. 

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Mr Strauss" you smiled as you began to walk towards the saloon, the man following you.

"Ah, Herr Strauss, please" he said, rubbing the back of his neck as you walked up to the saloon.

"Herr Strauss? That your nickname or something?" you asked him with a furrowed brow, looking back at him as you both stepped into the saloon.

"No, no. 'Herr' is like how we say 'Mr', I think it sounds better..." he explained, a little awkwardly.

"Oh okay. I actually agree, it suits you much more, it does sound better" you nodded, genuinely agreeing with it. You both sat down at the bar and you ordered two beers.

"Okay, Herr Strauss, so what would you call me?" you asked, tilting your head at him as the bartender placed the beers down in front of you and walked away.

"Are you married?" Strauss asked.

"No" you shook your head with a little laugh as you took a sip from your beer.