Dutch Van der Linde: Sincere Charm

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: You and Dutch have loved each other since you first joined the gang but neither of you had confessed your feelings to the other. Dutch finally decides that it's time to turn up that good old Dutch charm, what starts as a dance becomes something more.

Word Count: 2300

You were a fairly new member of the gang but it hadn't taken long for Dutch to become infatuated with you. He had been watching you for a few weeks now, observing and studying you, trying to learn more about you. You were a petite little thing, about a whole foot shorter than Dutch, which he found strangely adorable and endearing. You were rather shy and mostly quiet but Dutch mostly put that down to you being new and not used to the other members of the gang just yet, he just knew that there was so much more personality inside that shell of yours. He was certain that you were just a little firecracker that was waiting to be unleashed.

You had taken notice of Dutch as soon as you joined the camp, it wasn't long before you were completely crushing on him. However you had kept your feelings to yourself, crushing on him from afar, since you had felt a little intimidated by the man. He just exudes power over the other members of the gang, it was very clear to you that they all respected him greatly. Dutch had a big personality that was accompanied by bucket-fulls of charisma and charm, he was just so much more than you in so many ways.

-----

Sean had just arrived back to the camp and that gang was having a little celebration for his return, Dutch had just told the gang to have fun for a night and to forget about everything else that was going on.

The camp was filled with music and laughter as the gang relaxed for the night. You were sitting with Mary-Beth and Karen, sharing drinks and talking between yourselves. Mary-Beth nudged your shoulder with hers, making you look up and chuckle when you saw Dutch approaching the three of you. Only the women in the camp knew about your feelings for Dutch, only they knew that you had been in love with him pretty much since you first joined the gang. Karen playfully teases you about it but Mary-Beth is always encouraging you to do something about your feelings.

Mary-Beth was a romantic, you learnt that pretty quick, so of course she wanted you to tell Dutch about how you felt. In her eyes, you would confess your feels and Dutch would confess his in return, this would lead to some sort of romantic moment that was the beginning of some amazing life together. Just like the endings of her romance novels.

You never minded Karen's teasing because you knew that she meant no harm by it. Despite her teasing, she had tried to advise you in some sort of way. Since you were relatively new to the gang, she thought that you deserved to know about Dutch's history with women. That definitely didn't encourage you to confess your feelings to Dutch.

The three of you smiled up at Dutch as he walked over to you, finally standing in front of you all. "Could I steal Y/N for a moment?" Dutch asked politely with a charming smile.

"You could borrow her for the night if you want" Karen smiled brightly, you were beginning to wish that she had stayed away from the drink. You couldn't fight off the blush that appeared on your cheeks but Dutch played it off well with a small laugh.

"Would you like to dance, Y/N?" Dutch asked with the same charming smile as he held his hand out for you to take. You were pretty certain that he could win over any woman with that smile, it sure working on you.

"I-uh...I'd love too" you smiled shyly as you took his hand, letting him help you to your feet before letting him guide you over to where the others were dancing.