Dutch van der Linde: Nothing to Worry About

Jealous Dutch van der Linde X Female Reader

Word Count: 1940

You were new to the van der Linde gang. A few of them including Dutch, Arthur, and Javier had gone to deal with an O'Driscoll camp nearby and found you. You had been held captive by them for no other reason than their own entertainment, you weren't anyone of importance to them or anything they were planning. The men from the van der Linde gang helped you and Dutch told you that you could stay with them for as long as you liked.

You were a young and beautiful woman, which might have had some effect on Dutch's decision to keep you around. They took you back to their camp and showed you to the tent you would be staying in. It didn't take too long for you to become friendly with other members of the camp.

Dutch had spoken to you quite a lot and you thought that he was charming enough, he was clever and funny, you liked him a lot. Arthur was a kind man who would go out of his way to help you with anything you needed. You got along with Javier very well, you enjoyed listening to his music and talking to him in general.

Dutch had liked you from the beginning, you were attractive for sure but you were also kind and polite. As you stayed in the camp and came out of your shell he learnt that you are clever, you like to read, you are just as kind and polite as he thought you were, you make him laugh and he quickly realised that he loves to hear you laugh. He enjoyed talking to you and spending time with you but he had noticed that you spent a lot of time with Javier. At first he was glad you were fitting in so well, now a selfish part of him wished that you only felt that comfortable around him.

Dutch sat on the chair that was just outside the front of his tent watching some other members of the camp sitting around the campfire. Javier was sitting at the fire with his guitar in his lap, tuning it by the looks of things, but Dutch's attention was mostly on you. You were sitting beside Javier, a smile on your face as you both talked to each other. Dutch couldn't quite hear what you were saying but he caught the faint sound of your laugh when Javier said something amusing.

The sound made Dutch's jaw tighten, he knew that it was silly to be jealous but he was pretty certain that this feeling was jealously. You had no obligations to him, you didn't even know how he felt about you so he shouldn't be jealous. Yet, he was.

He watched, making sure not to make it obvious, as Javier placed the guitar down on the ground beside him. You two were the only ones at the campfire now. Dutch glared at the both of you when he saw you cheeks turn red as you looked away from Javier. What he hell did he say to make you blush?

Dutch hadn't realised that his fists were clenched until his nails began to dig into his palms when Javier leaned towards you and whispered something in your ear, making your face turn a deeper shade of red.

Your face burnt red as you stared at the ground in front of you, feeling Javier's warm breath on your ear. But it wasn't the man's proximity that made you blush so furiously, it was the words that he spoke.

"You should speak to him, y'know. He has been watching you ever since you got here, I promise that he is sweet on you. He is watching us right now and damn does his look angry. If you don't believe me, look for yourself" Javier whispered, obviously amusing himself. You nodded gently before glancing up in Dutch's direction, only to see that Javier had been right. Dutch was looking straight at you both, his face red in anger and his fists clenched tightly on his lap. Javier had been trying to convince you to talk to Dutch for days now but you always refused, insisting that you would only make a fool out of yourself. Your eyes widened and you turned your head to face Javier when you felt his hand land on your thigh, over the material of your skirt of course.