All About 'Her'...

En başından başla

I stiffen a bit in his arms and I raise my hand to caress his cheek. I know everything, I feel his pain and I am doing my best to act calmly but I can't be distant. He smiles at me when I touch him and takes a deep breath.

"I was with her all the time you know. I was protecting her from our parents because they were always trying to relish their anger or stress on her. You will ask me why they were acting like this and you will be right... Well, let's just say that my parents wanted only one kid to take the Beta's title in the pack after them and Diana was something unexpected. They never loved me and I was planned so imagine Diana that was a girl and too young and emotional... I was always taking her place, I was stepping in front of her and I was being punished but I never cared, I was happy that Diana was safe and not to mention that after I was bitted she was always taking care of me like a nurse... She was... She was sweet, kind, caring and most of the times she was first scolding me for taking her place because she didn't want me to suffer for her and then she was making everything she could to ease my pain. Only once she managed to save me but that time it was from some older boys from another pack. They had come to tease me and I reacted defending myself, they got angry and were about to hit me but then she appeared with catapult and rocks... She had a great target and the first boy that came to punch me was knocked down from her when he got hit close to his eye." He says and laughs melancholically for the first time making my heart melt.

I remember that day, I was so angry when I saw them circling him... I just wanted to kill them, I wanted to hit his eye but he moved a bit and I lost the target... Anyway, the result was pleasing because the idiots left immediately to take that jerk to their pack doctor and Aiden took me to the park as a treatment for my bravery.

"It was the first time I saw her so determinate but I always knew she was strong... She was suffering with me and I never saw her crying for a thing. She was smiling because she didn't want to make me sad, she was supporting me but in the end I left her..." he continues and stops sighing again.

I raise my hand and wipe some tears from his eyes and cheeks and he takes and kisses it gently. I smile and tap his chest encouragingly while he gets ready and speaks up again.

"I was about 15-16 and I had to leave to get trained. I didn't want to but I had to. I wanted to take her with me, I even asked our Alpha but he told me that she was too young and she couldn't follow me so I left her alone. I was worried and scared, I was sure that my parents would try to hurt her but I couldn't do a thing. I was just praying and wishing that she would managed to make it until I would be able to return again and then I wouldn't allow anyone to hurt her but... When I went back, she was nowhere to be found and my 'parents' told me that she was dead..." he says and begins sobbing.

Goddess just give me strength! I can't bare it!

"It's okay Aiden! Try to breathe." I whisper and he nods weakly.

"I don't believe it Iris..." he cries and wipes again the tears that are now running like a river from his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked panicked.

"My sister is not dead, I know it, I feel it. My heart is telling me that she is alive. I don't believe them, I know they did something to her, I do not believe a word about rogues and runaways. I know she is somewhere and this is why I am still alive or else believe me I would have killed myself from the guilt and her loss." He explains and pulls me on his chest fortunately as I am now crying as well.

He knows... Really? He really believes I am alive?

Or else he would have tried to die?

God! No!

"Aiden, please don't say things like this! I can't bare it!" I say sniffling and he tightens his hold around me.

"Sorry Iris, I know it is bad but it is the truth. I hired a personal detective about two years ago to help me but with my parents lying he can't do many things... The only thing I am sure about is that Diana is okay and I am going to find her no matter what. One day I will." He says determinate and pulls back to look at me.