A New Mentor [FlashBack]

Life never listens to our wishes.

Izuku felt something touching his leg. Something soft, to be exact. He anxiously looked down, just to see a yellow sleeping bag just sleeping there. Until it suddenly faced him.

Izuku would've shrieked if there wasn't anything that was limiting his movements. He was now facing a fully grown adult with messy black hair and tired eyes, who had currently wrapped his mouth and hands up.

The man slowly freed his mouth.

"Are you going to kidnap me?" 

The older male sighed and released him, staring him down. "You have zero reflexes." The man concluded, "But not bad, you did a good job saving that kid back there." Aizawa observed the kid for a second, who looking somewhere beside him.

"What're you doing here, Eraserhead?"

Aizawa was puzzled. He was sure that this kid didn't know him before.

"Why did you save him?"

Wow. Izuku never thought that he would completely ignore that question.

"Because nobody was helping him. If I didn't help him back there, he would've been strangled to death. The other heroes weren't even trying." Izuku finished the sentence with a 'tsk'. Just remembering those incompetent heroes infuriated him.

"Seems a bit arrogant, but tolerable," Aizawa muttered under his breath.

"Do you aim to be a hero?"

Izuku looked up at him curiously, "I guess...?"

"You pass, I'll train you."

Izuku looked at him in a very confused manner, "Wait, what-"

"I said, I'll train you."

"Thank you?"

"You're very welcome," Aizawa said, in a very sarcastic manner.

"But, why would you want to train some random stranger like me?"

"You saved that boy even if your own quirk injured you. After you took down that sludge, any normal person would see your quirk as risky, due to the fact that it literally stabs you on your back, but I have a hunch that it's not the only aspect of your quirk...due to the fact that I saw your eyes glow a very indistinct green before glowing the bright shade of red." 

Izuku couldn't help but smile. 

Gotta hand it to you...Accurate observation.

Then he abruptly remembered. Eraserhead was a teacher in UA, who had expelled 154 students in just 3 years. If Eraserhead would train him, he would be leagues ahead of his classmates.

I've struck gold!

"Come back here tomorrow, same place, same time."

"Mhm!"

Izuku watched as the man slid back into his sleeping bag, and rolled his way out.

"...Weird." He said, not realising that he said it out loud.

He knew that if he followed Eraserhead, he would never have problems in school, and also because Eraserhead was infamous for expelling first-years on their first day.

This training would continue until the UA entrance exams and eventually lead to getting in with a recommendation.

A/N: Flashback is finally over, my writing block is finally gone, and all we need now is a steady schedule, but idk if that's gonna happen.