Scores to Settle [FlashBack]

"All Might!? What're you doing here?!" Amamiya said, shocked to see his father pop out of nowhere. Regaining his composure, he asked, "Where were you during the sludge incident?"

"I was busy with another villain. It was a tough one!" All Might said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Huh." Amamiya wasn't buying any of it.

"Anyway! Let's get on to the main point!" All Might started, trying to lighten the atmosphere, "Young man! Would you like to be my successor?" He said with a big and bright smile on his face.

"....? Why would you want to give it to me?"

"BECAUSE YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SHINED MORE THAN ANY OF THOSE SO-CALLED HEROES!! I've been searching for a successor for ages...and now I've finally come across somebody who I wouldn't mind giving it to!"

"No," Amamiya said, with a very condescending tone, which suited his word ever so perfectly, "I don't want to."

"YOUNG MAN, PLEASE RECONSIDER-"

Amamiya was done at this point. He hated his father with a burning passion. It hadn't once wavered or faltered. Even now, he was annoyed. 

"Do you really think I'm suitable to be your successor? Isn't there anybody else you might want to give it to?" Amamiya said, with a grim look on his face, hidden by his hood.

Before All Might could say anything, "What about your son? Didn't he want to be a hero?" Amamiya whispered in a soft tone.

All Might's eyes widened, " What are you talking about?"

"Oh, you know. That green-haired boy who was 'abducted' by the villains over a year ago." Amamiya said, showing two quotation marks in the air around the word 'abducted'. 

H-how do you know about him?" He asked, fear prominent in his grin.

The wind blew dramatically, as the two of them stood face to face.

"You really are terrible at lying," Amamiya let his hood fall down, "Aren't you?"

All Might couldn't believe himself. He froze for a second and just looked at his son, the same son who ran away two years ago never to be seen again, the same kid who was born quirkless and was deemed useless-

Memories flooded back as Izuku smirked, happy to see his father dumbfounded.

"I guess you don't want to give me your quirk anymore? Oh well-"

"Where were you all this time?" All Might asked, his tone sharp.

"Huh??--"

"I asked you, where were you all this time?!"

Izuku blinked twice. He couldn't comprehend this situation.

Still unwilling to let go of your godforsaken ego? Lemme fix that.

"Somewhere really far away from you."

He knew All Might was heating up.

"Izuku, come back."

"No. And you cannot just tell a child who was abducted by villains to just come back. That's really dumb."

"Your mother is worried-"

"I know, but I can't help it. My hands are tied." Izuku shrugged, "And if you are still willing to force me to come back, the consequences will be severe!" Izuku said positively, although he didn't feel like it.

This situation was what he was waiting for, for years. He wanted to put his father in a situation which he couldn't get out of, to make him feel that he wasn't the one in control anymore.

But that wasn't his goal, was it?

All Might had a perfect reputation to uphold. If word got out of this scene, his title would be tarnished. He knew his son wouldn't cover for him. Rather, his son would make his confession for him.

He looked at him again and noticed the difference in his appearance. Izuku had lost almost all of his chubbiness, and now had the look of a determined young man. His eyes were sharp, and his jawline was chiselled. He probably would've had a hard time recognizing him if it weren't for his sapphire eyes, trademark green hair and the freckles that littered his face like dirt.

Now, fully assessing the situation, All Might finally used his brains.

"What do you want from me?"

"I want you to keep this a secret. Absolutely no-one should know of our meeting here. Even if a word slips out, I'll expose everything about you, things that nobody should know. Including my existence, your slip-ups, and your quirk."

All Might finally understood. The Izuku in front of him was no longer the same Izuku from two years ago.

"Why are you doing all of this?"

"I.........have a goal. Something that I have to achieve on my own. And being a part of your family isn't one of them."

"Listen Izuku, no good ever comes out of revenge." All Might had a peculiar expression on his face.

"You'd be a hypocrite if you really believed that, my dear beloved father."

All Might sighed. He couldn't continue this pointless argument anymore.

"Fine. Do what you want. You aren't welcome anymore."

"That's very sweet of you, All Might," Izuku said, with a smile; his eyes a different story altogether.

With that, both of them went their ways.

Man, this day was really taking a toll on him. Screw him and his smooth talks, he never planned the conversation to go that way! He would've just told All Might to fuck off, mind you, politely. Instead, he ended up showing his face to him.

Ha. I've dug my grave deeper now.

Now, deep in thought of all the possible outcomes the could ruin this great escape of his, he slowly strolled towards Dagobah beach.

He remembered the times he came here with Shouto, just to hang out. It was their special place. But now, the sand was littered with garbage. 

He just watched from a distance, the waves peacefully hitting the shore.

He thought of spending the rest of the day here, with nobody to interfere in his attempt at having a day with no stress or some unnecessary interactions. He just wished for peace and tranquillity.

But then again, does life ever listen to our wishes?

A Second Chance - BNHA ( Book 2) (Editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara