Sequel Preview

"Take My Love" Chapter preview:

Chapter One: 

Chaos. That's all I've known the past couple of weeks. Complete and utter chaos. Harry has been searching for his sister nonstop. Every day. Every hour. Every second. It's all he does. His skin has paled, his once bright emerald eyes have darkened, his hair is shaggy and long, but his muscles have grown. He works out more than he used to, always muttering about how he has to be able to fight. Fight for her. He turned into a completely different person, and I didn't know how to handle it. Or if I was supposed to handle it.

At night is the only time he lets his wall down, even if its for a couple minutes. He cries. He cries so much. It's the only way he can fall asleep. He lets me hold him. That, I am thankful for. I comfort him until he falls asleep, and make sure I'm not holding him when he awakes up. He hates it. He said, he doesn't deserve to wake up happy, because he doesn't know if his sister gets to wake up at all.

I've tried to plead with him, to reason and help make sense of all his newfound demons, but he pushes me away every single time. However, every so often he'll do something sweet and small, to remind me that despite how broken he may be at the moment, his love for me was still whole, and in tact.

--

I zoned back into reality, as my father placed a plate of breakfast in front of me with a worried look on his face. I gave him a small smile in return, "Thank you."

His face immediately warmed and he ruffled my hair as if I was 5 again, "How's Harry doing? Any update?" I finally told my parents about everything that has happened to me since our move here. Everything. Including the part about them unknowingly inviting a murderer into our home, which my dad was still furious about. He was almost as angry and determined to find Xavier as Harry was, almost.

I played with the scrambled eggs with my fork, gnawing on my bottom lip. "Um, no actually. We have managed to discover absolutely nothing. Nothing at all." Something began to build inside of me, causing my heart to ache. "In fact-" I slammed my fork down, and crossed my hands laying my face on them staring into nothing. "- It feels like we are even more in the dark than we were before. And Harry-" My voice cracked, and I closed my mouth tightly. I felt a tear sliding down my face as I began to think of Harry, my poor Harry.

I felt arms wrap around me tightly as I nuzzled my face into my dad's shoulder allowing the tears to poor freely. My cries were silent, they always have been lately. Afraid Harry would hear me, and feel guilt. I knew he was no where around, but it's almost as if I trained myself to hide my true emotions from him. Around him I was so positive, uplifting, smiling, but when I came home, I fell apart.

My dad pulled away after kissing my head, and stared at me with hurt in his eyes. After I had confessed everything to him and Nani, the look of betrayel on his face was something I could never forget. From that day on, I promised to tell him everything. He begged me to leave the situation alone, to leave Harry alone, but in the very moment he asked me, he realized why I couldn't.

"How about you come intern at my office? It'll help distract you when you need it, and I'm sure you'll find other useful tools for it." I began to deny his offer, standing from the table when he stuck his hand out stopping me.

"Give it a chance." His eyes looked so hopeful, and I couldn't say no to them. I groaned, and he gave a grin of victory before hugging me once more.

"Tomorrow, we leave at 9am sharp." My eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"9am?! Dad, I don't rise from the dead until 12, and you know that." He merely laughed, before leaving the room no doubt to tell Nani the news. I couldn't help but smile at how happy he looked. My phone vibrated in my lap, and I looked down to see a text from Harry.

Harry: come over, think im close 2 something

My eyes widen a bit, and I immediately rushed and grabbed my purse and my keys before heading over to Harry's to see exactly what something was.

-

I arrived at Harry's and knocked on the door loudly, not even a second later he swung the door open. The rims of his eyes were red and his bags were darker than usual. His hair was messy pulled back into a pony tail. His chest was bare, and his sweat pants hung low on his waist.

"Harry, have you slept?" He waved my question off, and pulled me inside and dragged me over to the dining table where an empty pot of coffee and an open laptop sat. I attempted to ask him again, and he shushed me immediately. He motioned for me to sit down in the chair next to his own, and moved the screen so I could see what he was looking at. 

It was a surveillance video monitoring someone's house. I squinted my eyes unable to recognize it, and looked at him with confusion written across my face.

"I'm lost. Whose house is it?" 

His eyes darkened while he stared at the video, as the door of the house opened showing a woman walking out of the front door. 

"My mother's."