Chapter 28

I tilted my head up to find Harry tugging gently at strands of my wild hair, with pecks of amusement in his eyes, I found it hard not to smile at him. He hesitated for a moment, before smiling back showing me all his white teeth. I wish he would always wear a smile. It's truly beautiful.  Before either of us could speak, a frantic Amira ran in the room smiling widely. 

"Haz!" She nearly tripped over her feet, as she made her way to his bed where she hugged him tightly. "You're awake again." My heart gushed watching Harry hug his sister just as tightly as she hugged him. If there was one person he was emotional towards and about it was Amira. I couldn't imagine what hell the world would have to go through if something ever happened to sweet little Amira. 

Then out of no where quickly Amira's mood changed, as her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes glinted with anger. "Now, that all the sappy emotional stuff is over-" she reached over and flicked him in the forehead. "What type of twat do you think you are scaring me like that?" 

I let out a fit of giggles, watching Amira talk to Harry as if he were a child. The most amusing part was that Harry actually was listening to her, as if he was truly upset with scaring her. Maybe he was. After his huge personality change, I wouldn't be surprised. 

"And you!" My laughing ceased and I looked up at Amira, with widened eyes as she began to unleash her fiery wrath on me. "You should have told me he was awake! I was freaking out in this stupid boring hospital! Then that girl Hazel is no fun, she's like a WALKING CORPSE! Speaking of dead things, I don't even think the food they serve is EDIBLE! THEY ARE FEEDING MY BROTHER NON-EDIBLE FOOD!" Her rant was endless, as she started talking about things that literally made no sense at all. 

I heard a little snicker, and I quickly turned my head towards Harry flashing him a warning glare. He bit his lip trying to contain his laughter, and the image sent a pleasurable ache through out my body ending at my core. I looked away from him, and focused my attention on the green eyed dragon, who was now extra pissed because I had stopped focusing on her momentarily. 

"Alright, alright Mira.. I think we get it. You're angry about.. well, everything." Harry spoke up, obviously growing irritated with his little sister's antics. Amira rolled her eyes at him, before hugging him again tightly. 

"Maybe so. But I am happy about one thing." Her usual wide smile appeared, making her eyes sparkle, as she waited for us to ask what she was happy about. 

I stared at Harry, waiting for him to ask, "And what are you happy about, little sister?" 

"Someone is loving us again." 

It was 9:30pm when I was finally walking through the front doors of my house. I was surprised when it wasn't my dad sitting under the light at the dinner table, but Nani instead. Her head shot up as a relieved sigh escaped her lips, as she quickly wrapped her arms around me. 

"By tonight, I didn't think you literally meant tonight. We were expecting you around 5 or 6, not freaking 9 o'clock Raelynn!" She shrieked, before tugging at her roots and letting her arms flair out. Normally, I would think she was being too protective and pushy for someone, who wasn't my biological parent, but after hearing about Harry and Amira's parents, I was thankful for anyone who wasn't them.

Shocking her and myself, I pulled her into a hug. "Thank you for looking out for me. And my dad." Nani's eyes were wide with confusion and surprise, as she quickly regained composure before nodding sweetly. 

"I'll always look out for you two. It's what family does." Her words tugged at my heart strings, as I felt tears prickle my eyes. Harry and Amira would never experience something like this again. Their family was ripped apart, and they couldn't do a single thing about it. 

"Now, go get some sleep. In the morning, the Mitchell's are coming over for breakfast." My body froze momentarily. I had completely forgot about how close Xavier had managed to get with my family. I clenched my fist, and grind my teeth together to keep myself from spilling out insults- that of course, Nani wouldn't understand. I simply nodded my head, before bidding her goodnight. 

After I had washed up and changed into some pajamas, I noticed my phone was beeping on and off. A smile crept onto my face as I seen Harry's name glowing across the screen. He must have slid his number in while I was sleeping last night. Quickly, I slid my finger across the  screen accepting the call before I nervously put the phone up to my ear.

"Hey there, Harry." I spoke softly, not wanting to be too loud afraid my dad would hear and demand answers for my absence. Or worse, assume that he knew that answers for my absence. 

"Raelynn, where are you!?" His voice was loud and full of panic, I immediately stood up walking around the room. 

"I am home. Why? What's wrong?" 

"He has her. HE has her!" His voice was coming out in a deep growl, and I flinched from how angry he sounded. 

"Who has who, Harry?" 

"Xavier.. He has Amira." 

A/N: Don't worry your pretty little minds, I decided to post two more chapters tonight! <3