Chapter 16

Rebellion. Rebellion. Rebellion. How was I causing a rebellion? My head started to throb from overthinking. Blake came back in moments later after Xavier left. He immediately cupped my red cheek, and kissed it gently. 

"I'm so sorry baby. He only told me he wanted to have a private talk with you about Harry." I shook my head, not believing a single word he was saying.

 "No n-no, don't to-touch me." I shoved his hands away, and his eyes were filled with hurt and regret. 

"Rae, I'm sorry."

I backed away slowly, "This," I waved my hand between us, "is over. Wha-whatever we had is over. I'm going to continue working here, but don't you dare speak a single word to me unless it's about b-business." My voice was soft and cracking as tears continued to roll down my face.

He reached out to me once more, "NO! I mean it, Jason! I should have listened to Hazel, when she said you were bad news." He looked down, and I quickly made my way out of the diner. I walked over to my car, and yelled in frustration as all 4 wheels were popped.

I leaned against it as sobs shook through me. What did I do to deserve this? I heard someone walking towards me, but my vision was blurry because of all the tears I cried. 

I felt someone warm scoop me up bridal style, and begin to carry me. Assuming it was Jason, I buried my face in the crook of his neck and continued crying as he rubbed my back soothingly. I got a whiff of his scent, and my stomach bubbled as it immediately calmed me.

I felt my body being placed in the seat of a car, as I rubbed my eyes with my hands and cuddled in the seat blocking my face. I heard the other side of the car door open, and the engine roared to life. 

I felt a huge hand start playing in my hair, as we drove along the road. My eyebrows furrowed a little bit. I don't recall Jason's hands being this big. "I'm sorry." Jason's voice sounded a little British, which threw me off even more. Being too tired to overthink it I brushed it off, as my eyes slowly closed.

I woke up in the comfort of my bed, and dragged myself to the bathroom. I used the toilet, and washed my hands dreading looking in the mirror. 

Like I suspected I looked a mess. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and tamed my hair. I sat on the edge of my bed, biting my lip to keep tears from falling as I remembered Xavier. He introduced me to something deeper than fear.

"Hey princess, how ya feeling?" my heart stopped at the idea that my dad knew what happened last night.

 "I'm good." I replied simply, not wanting to give anything away in case he didn't know. 

"I'm surprised. After that boy brought you home, I figured you'd be out for a few more hours." My dad laughed obviously thinking I was drunk, while I groaned loudly. 

"Dad, how many times do I have to tell you his name is Jason?" I fell back on my pillow, as he shook his head. 

"What? No this was a different boy. Yeah, I believe he said his name was Harry."