Chapter 15

My mind started racing as I tried to remember where I heard the name before, but I couldn't think of anything. "It's nice to meet you, Xavier." I couldn't break eye contact, and I felt like I would disrespect him if I did. 

He seemed pleased with this though. We stared at each other for a while, before Jason coughed gaining our attention.

"Xavier has been wanting to meet you for a while, ever since I told him you started working here." Jason spoke up, and Xavier's eyes lit up.

 "Any friend of Jason, is a friend of mine." He chuckled lowly, and for some reason it made me nervous. I shifted on my feet as I grew uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Jason head to the back and fetch me today's earnings." 

My eyes widened, "You're the owner?" 

Xavier nodded slowly, "I own a lot of things in this town." He replied as I felt Jason leave from behind me.

I got antsy as it was just Xavier and I left in the room. "So, how come you wanted to meet me?" I questioned. He simply looked me up and down, and shoved his hands in his pocket.

 "What is your relation to Harry Styles?" the sudden question caught me off guard, and his eyebrow raised at my noticeable mood change.

I stuttered trying to rush out an answer, "I-I don't have an-anything to do with hi-him." I looked down groaning internally at how dumb I sounded.

 "I don't appreciate liars, Miss Kinsley." My head shot up and I took a step back. 

"How do you know my last name?" I gripped my phone in my hand, as I took a quick look behind me searching for Jason.

"I know a lot of things. Now answer the question." Fear stole my voice as all I could do was stare at him. 

His eyes darkened as his glare made my body tremble, "I promise I don't know a thing about him! Other than the fact that he's an ass-asshole and figh-fights."

 I pleaded as he began walking closer to me. Power poured off his body, as I began wishing I never came here tonight. He hummed thinking on what I said, "How many times have you been to the rink?"

I thought for a second, "Maybe 3 or 4 times, but I never stayed long!"

 "Do you know who I am?" he asked suddenly, ignoring my response. 

"Xavier." I said plainly, not sure what he was getting at. 

"Yes, but do you know my importance?" I shook my head, not wanting to know anything about him at all.

"I own the rink. I own the fighters. Hell, I could own you if I wanted to."

 I frowned angrily as he began talking about me like I was a toy, "Except I'm never going to be a fighter." He let out a loud laugh that sounded like something out of a horror movie. 

"That's what they all said." He smirked at me.

Wheels started turning in my head as realization sunk in, "Hazel-" I started, as I looked up at him, "You're the one forcing her to fight?"

 He simply stared at me like I was a toy he was tired of playing with. "She owes me. I'm simply making sure debt is paid." 

I shook my head vigorously, "You're a piece of shit! Who makes people fight knowing they don't want to? I could call the police-" I gasped as I felt a burning sensation on my cheek as he had slapped me.

"Do you honestly think I'm scared of the authorities? Like I said before Miss Kinsley, I own a lot of things." He winked dangerously at me, as hot tears streamed down my face. 

"I wanted to tell you to leave my fighters alone. Cut whatever ties you have with them. All of them. I don't like rebellions." His words sliced through me, as he turned sharply exciting the diner leaving me crying and confused.