Chapter 6

I sat on my bed trying to stop my body from trembling, but every time I came close Harry's voice replayed in my head taunting me. I stopped crying about an hour ago, and I've just been sitting in the quiet.

"Raelynn, dinner's done." I hummed in response to Nani, and took a deep breath preparing myself for any questions they had about my day.

 I quickly made my way to the bathroom and winced when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and red and my face looked pale and greasy. I scrubbed my face gently with soap and rinsed with water. 

I ran my hands a couple times through my hair before tossing it up into a bun. I turned my arm to peak at the bruise and nail marks that Harry left me with. I felt tears sting my eyes as I recalled the dark purple one that was on my back.

"Princess, you okay in there?" I heard my dad's voice, and forced myself my-self to smile.

 "Yeah I'll be down in a sec." My dad had some sort of weird sixth sense, where he could tell how I was actually feeling by my voice.

I headed out of my bedroom and made my way downstairs where the sound of Nani and my dad laughing could be heard. "Oh, there you are Raelynn. I thought you were never going to leave your room." She joked, as she placed the plates on the table.

"Sorry, I got- caught up in something." My dad looked over at me with a displeased look on his face. Damn his stupid 6th sense, I thought only females had those.

"You okay princess? You seem upset about something." 

I shook my head quickly, but not too fast so I wouldn't look suspicious. "I'm fine, so how does the company's building look?" I asked getting the attention off of me.

Nani sighed in content, "It looks so great. You should see it. Tony did a great job with the designs." My dad chuckled, obviously loving the attention. 

"Thanks love. I couldn't have done it without your suggestions though Rae." I gave him a small smile, as we began to eat.

"I almost forgot to ask, how are you liking the town? See any cute boys?" Nani wiggled her eyebrows, while my dad groaned.

 Harry's emerald green eyes filled with hate flashed in my head, and I quickly chocked on a brussel sprout. My dad's eyes widened as he patted my back, "You alright princess?" 

I waved him off and stood up from the table, "I'm gonna go to sleep. Dinner was good, thank you Nani."

Before I could head up the stairs my dad called me back to the table. "Rae, I was thinking since we might be here a while longer than other places." He trailed on, making the nerves in my stomach grow. 

He couldn't possibly think about sending me to school right? I've been home schooled all my life, and I technically am at a college level; what good would high school do me? 

"I was thinking you could snag a job you know?" I let out a huge sigh of relief, and nodded my head to his request. 

"Of course, I'll go searching tomorrow." He smiled at me, and I headed upstairs to go to sleep.

Author's Note: I love this edit, and since no new characters have been added there ya go!