Chapter 27

A/N: Just a quick filler! The story is going to go up from here, so we can bring it to a beautiful ending! 

My head rested against the edge of the hospital bed, where Harry's large body was sprawled across it. After 30 minutes of arguing against his demands for me to sleep next to him, he finally tired himself out and slipped into a - what I hoped was - a peaceful sleep. His soft snores filled the room, and I couldn't help the twitch on the edge of my lips that pulled into a small smile. 

It hadn't been that long. It had not been that long at all, yet I found myself wanting to be a part of Harry's world. As scary and dangerous as it may be. I wanted to be a part of the beautiful and memorable part of it too. I wanted to be there when he wanted to scream and anger, and when he wanted to burst from happiness. I wanted to be the one to piece him together again. 

The sound of my phone ringing interrupted my thoughts, which I was partially grateful for. How could I find myself wanting to love Harry? Wanting to be loved by Harry? I shook my head, and quickly stood up from the chair and stepped out of the room, careful to not wake up Harry.

"Hello?" I asked, not having time to look at the caller ID. 

"Where the hell are you, Raelynn?" I groaned when I heard my father's angry voice on the other line. I could practically feel the rage radiating off of him. 

"It's a long story dad, but I promise I'll be home toni-" He gave a loud dark laugh, and I winced not realizing how angry he would be with me. Then again, I did disappear yesterday after dinner and forgot to call him to aware him of my where-abouts today. 

"Tonight?! You better be on your way home now!" I sighed deeply, looking back at Harry sleeping peacefully on the bed, however a little frown was etched on to his forward and I wanted so badly to make it go away. 

"I..I can't dad. Someone very important needs me right now, and I can't neglect him.. not now." I knew I was only digging myself a bigger hole, but he wouldn't understand everything. He wouldn't TRY to understand anything. Especially not since he has suddenly become buddy buddy with Xavier, and his witch of wife. 

I heard some silent arguing on the other end of the phone, before I heard shifting, and a different softer, more feminine voice rang through. 

"Raelynn?" 

"Nani! I can't come home right now. I promise I'll be home tonight, and I will try to expl-" 

"It's okay, Raelynn. I trust you." Her soft understanding voice, however went past me as I continued to ramble on and on about how I would explain what was going on and how they just needed to trust me. 

"I know it's hard for me to ask, but.." before I could continue, Nani spoke my name with a firm demanding tone, one I've only heard her use when she was in business mode. 

"Raelynn. I said I trust you. Your father is understandably freaked out, because you just disappeared out of thin air. We were worried sick about you, and then you never answered your phone or returned any of our text messages or calls." Realizing she was rambling, a loud sigh came from Nani, before she continued talking in shorter sentences. 

"We just need to know that you are okay. At all times." 

I nodded understandingly and appreciatively, "Thank you for trusting me." Honestly, I had expected Nani to be on dad's side, and yelling at me about wanting to give me a chance, but clearly after seeing how disobedient I was, there was no point. My heart warmed at the obvious new relationship that was growing between the two us. I knew mom would approve of dad's new love. 

After a brief exchange of goodbye's and see you later's, I ended the call and turned back into the hospital room, happy to see Harry was still dozed off. I walked towards the bed, and brushed the stray hairs off of his forehead, and watched as he unknowingly leaned towards my hand. 

I stared down in awe at the man. The man, who lost his parents and still has no idea why. The man, who was forced to grow up at the age of 12 to provide from himself and his little sister. The man, who guarded himself up hurting not only those who tried to get close to him, but himself as well. The man, who they called Undefeated. The man, who I positively found myself falling in love with.