Disguises

Mark's pov.

"So where exactly is this salon
(y/n)" I asked

"Two blocks south from here. When we get there you'll need to shave your head and maybe wear a wig." Said (y/n).

"What! Are you Insane!" I screeched. "Not my locks. My gorgeous locks! You're not making me! I'm like ten years older! No!"

I felt like this girl had more rational thought than me and she probably did, but who wouldn't get insanely mad at someone for wanting to shave their entire head. It would hide me from stares, but it would take forever for it to grow back.

"So if I shave my head, what will you do, (y/n)?" I retorted

"What do you mean Mark?" She inquired

"What will you do for your disguise?"

"Oh, nothing. I don't need to do I. It's not like I have the exact same features as a man that is feared all over town." She said slyly. "And besides, Mark, you don't have but three inches to grow out. At that rate, it would only take about six months to grow back. That's growing it back to how it is now, not a normal-looking hairstyle that you've had in the past. Doing that could only take around two months."

"I guess it's somewhat all right. But what if Dark comes looking for you. Won't you have to disguise yourself then?" I asked

"Of course I — actually let's not talk about what we don't need to get involved with those matters yet."

"Sure."

By the time we stopped talking, we were standing in front of our destination. There was a front desk as soon as we walked in with a lady typing away. Other people were sitting in chairs either reading a magazine or watching a show on the small, old television.

"Excuse me, mam." I said politely "I'm here for a haircut."

The woman behind the counter stared in shock for a moment before asking what my name was.

"Mark Fishbach" I stated

As soon as I said my name, the atmosphere calmed and she led me to the chair.

"Wait, I don't want to go in front of anyone. Are you sure this is okay for me to go on ahead."

"Don't worry. They have either requested a specific stylist or already set an appointment for a later time."

"Oh...Good"

I sat down in the chair she specified. A barbers cape was thrown over me and she brushed my hair thoroughly before asking, "What would you like today with a smile?"

" I just want you to shave my head bald."

The woman looked at me, shocked.

"Are... Are you sure? Did you lose a bet or something?"

"No," I said. " I felt that it was time for a change."

The woman hesitated before the sound of buzzing could be heard zipping off hair in slow, even strokes. Before I know it she turned the chair around.

"How's this." The hairdresser said once finished.

"It's perfect," I returned with a smile. "It's just what I wanted, Thank you, Mam.

"Your welcome! Follow me and I'll show you where you pay."

We walked to the register, paid and went out the door to discuss the next plan. I felt as if I was being sunburned as my head hit the light of the sun from out of the shade. It hurt, I felt ugly as dirt, and I didn't feel like Agent 47.