What the Key Unlocks

(???) Pov.

I watched her sleep for what seemed like forever. Even if it was only a few hours. She spent the whole damn night studying that key.

(Y/n) got up early at 7:45 and trotted down the stairs after dressing and brushing her hair in the bathroom.  It seemed too easy to look at her fully naked and unaware. When she reached the kitchen, There was a note. I'm not exactly sure what was written, but she seemed unalarmed and continued to grab her a bowl of cereal.

Now that you think about it Dark wasn't here with her. That might have been what the notes were about.

'That's perfect' I thought. 'If Dark wasn't with her then maybe I might be able to meet her, but I should wait. I have no idea when he is coming home and this protective shield prevents me from getting inside.'

After (y/n) finished her bowl of cereal, she went back up the stairs.
I followed her by windows. When I got to her room, she was reaching in her bedside drawer. (Y/n) took out the key and went out the door. I could not see her from the point on.

(Y/n)'s pov.

After I grabbed the key, I went to try the other door that was locked. When I turned the knob, it opened.  I looked inside. There were many machines that were making all kinds of noises and sputters. There were copiers and faxes. There was also a very large computer with multiple screens hanging from the walls.

I went up to the control panel. It was a large keyboard with so many symbols that I didn't understand. I did the most logical thing that I could think of. I pressed the ON key. A few moments later I had all the screens up and running and a basic understanding of how the computers worked and what they did.

They were an International network that had control of every divide that was logged onto some sort of data or wifi network. It's a bit scary to think that everything that is being recorded or served is being watched constantly. Pictures of friends. Work texts and calls. But it's true. And I need to find out more on why Dark would have this here.

I sat down in the gaming chair and looked into the recent search history. Apparently, all history is deleted after thirty days if not saved. The majority of the history was of Markiplier! I went to Saved Files and found many of Mark's videos and tweets.

I wasn't stupid enough to not know that Mark was in danger but I also wasn't enough of an idiot to go outside and try to escape without a plan. First I needed to get stronger and learn about the magic used here. Second I need to gather all of the data on Dark's plan from this room and make a strategy to counteract his every move.

I don't know how I am supposed to do this but I have to try. I need to know what's out there. I need to save Mark. Never would I have thought that this would be something that I had as an ambition. But I will do it. No can hold me back.

'Dark should be back now, but just you wait. I'll become the greatest magician and rescue mark from his evil side!'