Freed with a Spell

(Y/n's) pov.

"So have you tried to get in any more times?" I asked

"No, "He replied" I haven't been here again since. "

"Oh, ok then, just take your time."

He continued to think. He stood up after some time and said words that I could not understand and the door began to shake and the handle turned. It was thrown open by the force of the spell which almost knocked us off of our feet.

"Ahhhh!" We both screamed. Then we stood there in silence for some time until I exclaimed in awe "Wow, you did it!"

"Yeah! haha! I guess I did!"

"Come on we don't have much time until Dark gets back."

He led me to the bookcase. I picked out some books that said for beginners in magic. I stared at the book and almost laughed until I remembered that all of this is real and that books like these are normal here and should not be laughed at.

"Let's look at this one." Mark pointed to a book before grabbing it off the shelf. The title read,

Book of Easy to Advanced Spells
A guide covering the basic spells everyone should know

"Look inside it," I told him.

"That's what she said."

... I stared blankly at him before saying "Just stop haha!"

"Oh what you can't handle a Big Kid joke? Oh wow."

"Whatever MARK. Just open the book and look at the index"

"Fine."

Mark studies the first few pages before explaining to me that the book works by looking up a subject and then rating the spells Easy Medium Hard.

"Well then, we should probably start with the easiest ones for now," I suggested.

"Yeah" he sighed

After scrolling through the book for about five minutes he landed on a spell that he said was "convenient"

"What do you mean by convenient?"

"Well (y/n), it says here that there is a spell to remove a shield/forcefield of any kind by one's self as long as the shield/forcefield you wish to deactivate covers more than four acres of land. If the shield covers more than four acres then two people will be needed to destroy it. "

"Does it say anything about side effects or risks?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary. The list only contains things like overexertion and nausea. These are all things we will have to keep in check with but other than that I say we are good to go with this one, and it only says that it's a one-star!"

"Nice Mark! Hopefully, we'll be able to escape this place and see what's out there." I said as I gazed out the window.

"Yeah," Mark responded quietly.

"Well (y/n), go upstairs and pack your bags. I'll take some of Dark's clothes."

"Alright!"

I ran upstairs and grabbed three outfits some tennis shoes and socks and shoved them inside a small backpack. I also took things like my phone and charger, earbuds, deodorant, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair ties, soap, and shampoo. Then I ran downstairs to see Mark packing some water bottles and snacks.

"Hurry Mark! I'll grab the book and wait outside for you!" I exclaimed

"Ok!"

A few minutes passed and I see Mark run out of the house with a backpack and a duffle bag.

"I got the stuff (y/n). Now, read what it says aloud and I'll join in."

"Eleaser het pells hatt hieldss su romf utsideo forces!"

A loud Crack and Boom thundered in our bodies as we watched the sky above us shatter and disappear. Now was our chance, and we took it. I grabbed Mark's hand and sprinted as fast as my body would let me. We ran until our legs gave out. I sat down on what looked like an old blanket and mark took a seat next to me.

"You should probably get off of that (y/n). Fleas"