Meeting Mark

'It has been decided. I will become the best magician and free myself from this place!' As I was thinking of all the things I might be capable of the front door downstairs opened.

"(Y/n)! I'm home!" Come downstairs. There is someone I want you to meet."

'Thank God he didn't come up to get me.' I shut the door and put the key back in the tea box in the other room. I walked warily down to meet this new person. The Moment I stepped out of the shadows I was horrified. There was Dark standing by the door and a beaten Mark beside him.

I stood in shock. "Mark?" I muttered. He wasn't in the worst shape but definitely in pain. " Dark why did you do this?"

" I felt like it."

"Really, that blunt of an answer!" Yelled Mark.

" Yes, why else would I do this?"

" You are a horrible person Dark." I snared

" Hey! Don't forget I saved both of your sorry asses from something you couldn't handle! I'm the hero so you should be grateful!"

"Fine then." Mark sighed " Just release me."

"Sure."

Whatever seemed to be holding mark up finally let him go. He fell to the floor and passed out. I rushed over to him. I turned him onto his back and laid his head on my lap trying to get him as comfortable as possible while I questioned Dark further.

"Are you going to help him?" There was no point in yelling. Dark wouldn't do anything different. It would probably only make him madder.

"No, but there are some medical supplies in a room upstairs." He answered.

"Well can you get it for me?" I pleaded.

"No, I'll go unlock it. Follow me."

I gently put Mark back on the floor and followed Dark to the room he specified. It was the one beside the hidden lab.

Dark unlocked the door. Inside was an assortment of weird objects big and small. I saw a mirror in the corner and a crimson suit hanging on a rack in the center of the room. Dark pulled me to a vanity with a small medical kit on it.

"Here, take it. I'll be gone for a while so I thought it to be best if you have at least alive company. I'll see you in about a week."

Dark abruptly disappeared in a swirl of darkness. I stood dumbfounded and still in my place until my mind snapped out of the trance. I grabbed the kit and ran back to mark who still laid there unconscious.

"Hey, Mark! Wake up! It's okay. Dark's gone."

He grumbled a bit and then sat up into a crisscrossed position. "Hi, " He spoke quietly " who are you?"

"My name is (y/n). Dark captured me because of some past that we had and I've been here ever since."

"Wow. So I guess we're both in trouble now." He said.

"Yeah"

Mark and I got to talking while I bandaged him up. We told each other about how we got here and what our lives were like before this. Somewhere he mentioned how he attempted to cast some of Dark's spells.

"Wait, you did what?" I spoke in a shocked voice

" Yes, I did, once, when Dark left his bedroom door open a long time ago."

"Do you still know any of those spelled?" I asked

"Yes, I do, one. Come with me and I'll see if I can open the door again."