Chapter(18) School Forms/Gym

Recap: Gerardo's POV
"I don't think I'm ready to call you and Davie dad and papà. I'm sorry," she says holding my hand. I pull her on to my lap and hug her tight. "That's okay kid, now let's play the 'I'm hurt and need Chinese food card' okay?" I ask her, she nods and gets excited.

So at the same time, we yell, "DAVIE!"

Currently: Davie's POV
I wake up to us all sleeping on the couch. We really have to get into a better routine, I think to myself as I get up. Everyone else is already awake and sitting in the kitchen waiting for breakfast. I walk into the room and they all start cheering, the girls jump right up and hug me tight.

"We're starving!!" Jay says before letting go and walking back over to the barstools she and her twin were just sitting on. Oliver doesn't let go of me though, which I don't mind. I just bridal style carry her into the kitchen and give her a bowl with some cracked eggs in them that need to be mixed together.

That gains me a small smile from her, but I can tell that she had a rough night and had already been up for a little while.

"Okay so, I have a doctor's appointment to go to today and so does Oliver so I can take her and myself. Davie, can you take Jay to her school and get her re-registered? I already called ahead and said that you'd be going in, so they know to have the papers ready." My lovely husband tells me. I nod in agreement with his plan, before finishing off the eggs and pouring them on to plates.

We all sit down and eat but soon enough we're all off to our different destinations. Gerardo and Oliver are being picked up by one of the mafia's chauffeurs while Jay and I go to her school.

We pull up to the school and start our walk in. Jay seems to be searching for somebody but doesn't want to go properly look. "Oh! Papà I found one of my friends can I go say hi?" She asks me while she points out her friend that's sitting under a tree reading.

I nod and she gives me a quick hug before running over to her and calling her name. I walk into the school, not waiting for Jay so she can be with her friends for a little while. I walk up to the desk and ask the secretary for the proper forms.

"Hi, my name is Davie, my husband called in earlier about some forms that I need to fill out for our daughter to go here?" I ask her nicely, trying to look nice as possible even though she glared at me when I said, husband.

But she remains professional, which I'm thankful for and grabs the papers I have-to fill out. She points to a place I can sit down, and I thank her before going to sit and fill out the basic papers.

Within an hour I'm done, but Jay still hasn't shown up anywhere. She must've last track of time while she was with her friends, so I hand the papers to the secretary and after getting her nod of approval after loosely checking over the forms I leave and head back to the car.

I take out my phone and call Jay quickly so we can get out of here and get ice cream.

"Hey Jay, let's go! I want ice cream." I tell her when she picks up, her phone. I hear her laugh before she hangs up and I see her heading towards the car... after kissing a boy. On the lips.

Gerardo's POV
Oliver and I leave the bar, with a bottle of liquor in one hand and her hand in mine as we walk. We abandoned the crutches as we walked and gave them to some homeless person. I'm only holding her hand right now because there are people everywhere and we aren't a good part of the city, so I don't want her getting grabbed or lost.

We hop into my friend's car, who immediately starts the car and we're off as soon as possible. His nice car in this type of neighbourhood puts us at risk (along with his car) and he didn't like that.