Chapter(10) Aw Shit

Recap: Davie's POV:
I walk over to her and pick her up too. Then we all sit down on the couch, blankets and bowls of candy randomly placed on the couches as we watch all the movies we can think of.

Currently: Davie's POV
When I wake up, Oliver is gone from the couch, but Jay and Gerardo are in the same positions they were the night before when we all fell asleep watching movies. I still have to talk to her about yesterday, I think to myself. I walk into the kitchen and grab a water bottle from it.

I pop the cap off and drink about half the bottle before I hear someone coming down the stairs. "What's up Ollie?" I ask her as I hear the stairs quietly creak as she shifts from her left foot to her right. The creaking stops and I see her faint figure appear, half hiding behind the wall. She sees me, and then she comes out and takes a seat on a barstool.

"What happened yesterday?" I ask her, she shrugs and chuckles at me. "Your husband got shot in the leg by doing mafia wor-" she says before I cut her off.

"Don't act stupid Ollie, I meant why were you so spacey yesterday? Between Gerardo and I basically carried you everywhere's!" She looks down at the counter, but I take a quick breath and keep going.

"Normally we aren't allowed to pick you up for very long, Jay is normally the hugger and cuddly person. Not that I'm complaining, I loved seeing that side of you, but what happened? You refused to meet eye contact too." I say walking over to the other side of the counter, leaning on it with her across from me.

She keeps her eyes trained on the counter, and her hands stay folded on her lap, with an occasional twitch from her thumb. "Ollie, we're worried, stop shutting us out. Did you have a night terror? Flashback? What happened?" I ask her.

I walk around the counter and swing her chair around, so she is facing me. Then crouch down in front of her and when her eyes start to dodge mine, my hand goes to her chin, so she has to look at me. "What's wrong?" I ask her, apparently, that's all it takes, because she starts crying. So I pick her up and sit down on the barstool and her head goes to the base of my neck.

I hush her gently and rub her back. Then I hear the stirring from the living room, Jay is sitting up on the couch and staring at us. She makes her way over and stands in front of me.

"She won't tell you because she's too damn stubborn to accept or ask for help. She hates hospitals, her girlfriend was struck by a car and died. Hospitals give her horrid flashbacks and nightmares too, now I'm going to shower. Trust me, give it a few hours and she'll be okay. She always is after she cries." Her twin tells me before walking upstairs to shower.

I feel Oliver lift her head, and her crying slows down into broken hiccups. "I'm sorry about your shirt." She says before trying to scoot off my lap. I keep my muscular hands wrapped around her though. She keeps struggling, but after a few minutes, she gives up and stops. "Can I get off?" She asks me.

"Well that depends, first off, I want to know a couple of things, your twin said that you had a girlfriend who died in a hospital and that's why you were quiet yesterday. We totally accept you for whoever you are or want to be, I mean we've even unofficially met your girlfriend, but anyways, why didn't you say something? Before we left? Or while we were there? Why didn't you tell us in the beginning?" I ask her.

She shrugs but I shake my head. "No, you're not shrugging your way out of this one," I tell her, and then she starts to spill what has been going on.

"I had a girlfriend, one day there was a freak car accident and she died. She was the one person who I counted on and told everything to and she was gone. That was two years ago, the day that Jay came home from New York was during the three-day anniversary of her death. After those days I normally shut down a little, the hospital just pushed me over the edge, I had flashbacks all yesterday. I'm sorry..." she apologizes to me.