Chapter(9) The Doc Said

Recap: Gerardo's POV:
"Don't tell Davie or my girls please," I whisper, he chuckles at that, and then I'm picked up. But after that, I go unconscious due to blood loss from the gunshot.

Currently: Davie's POV:
After I make the twins lunch, I start to pace the hallway as I call my husband who refuses to pick up his damn phone. I call for what feels like the millionth time, but he still doesn't answer. So I give up and go back into the living room with the twins that are watching some horror movies.

It's nine o'clock before he picks up his phone to call me, except it's not him. It's Jeremy, "what's up Jer?" I ask him nicely.

"Gerardo got hurt at the drug raid. He was shot in the upper thigh, he's in stable condition but I think you should come in and see him. He'll have a full leg cast on for about two and a half months, and he's not allowed to walk at all on that leg no matter how good it feels." Jeremy says, explaining what's going on.

"Can you pick us up? I'm shaking and in no condition to be driving." I say shaking slightly from being upset. Jeremy probably senses that I'm on the verge of tears, so he says a quick, "yeah I'll be over in ten Dave, keep calm okay? He's already tried to get out bed multiple times so he could leave and he's complaining about being here and me telling you about him getting shot. He's okay Davie." He says before hanging up the phone.

I feel the tears threaten to fall, Oliver notices and pauses the show they were watching. "What's wrong Davie?" She asks me, I sit down on the love seat across from the couch they're sitting on and say, "Gerardo is in the mafia, in fact, he's the Italian mafia leader. But you two know that, so today when he left with that other man," I take a deep breath and continue.

"He was going to raid a drug house and his mafia members wanted to see him. The raid didn't go so well and now he's in the hospital. He was shot in the leg, but apparently, he's already up and complaining. So don't worry but we're going to see him. So get your shoes on." I tell them when I see Jeremy's car pull up.

They nod their heads, they both look upset, but Oliver hides it better. Jay suddenly, bursts into tears and Oliver hugs her. "Jay calm down he's going to be alright," I say and I pick Jay up, I hug her and she wraps her legs around my waist. Her head puts itself on to my shoulder and she sobs into my shirt. Oliver grabs Jay's shoes for her and we leave the house and get into Jeremy's car.

We drive there in silence, Jay's occasional sniffle followed by a shaky breath is the only thing being heard in the car. We arrive at the mafia house, there's an entire floor dedicated to being like a mini-hospital for them. It'd be too complicated to try and explain all the gunshot wounds the guys get to a hospital without raising a lot of questions.

When we pull up, I carry Jay in my arms again. Her legs wrap around my waist and she buries her head in my shirt. Oliver stares at her feet and doesn't look up no matter what loud noises going on in front of her.

We reach the 'after surgery' wing of the mini-hospital, and Gerardo is laying them in a bed. His left leg is elevated in a huge leg cast that runs all the way up his leg and ends with only his toes sticking out.

He's sitting up, arguing with his doctor who looks pissed. I open the door, but that doesn't stop Gerardo from yelling at the doctor. "Your being let go early! I don't want you up for the next two months possibly three! And I swear to god Gerardo, I will cast both your legs so you can't walk at all if you do! Do you understand?" The doctor yells at him.

"No! I want it off now!" Gerardo yells back at him. "Keep this up and I'll tell your husband that you're not allowed to move for the next four months instead of just telling him what I need to." The doctor threatens right back. I went through a lot of doctors to find one that would act like an overprotective parent for him. I love my husband but he's a pain in my ass sometimes.