Chapter 8: The Catch

Gremdar took immediate notice of Jade and rounded on Saje with a scornful look.

"Why is my daughter here?" he demanded of Saje.

Saje gestured to the rock he flew in on. "I had no other choice but to protect our Chosen One."

Jade could sense every emotion that ran through her father's head in the course of a second: Confusion, Rage, Fear, Reluctance, but most importantly Pride.

"We need to talk in private," urged Saje.

Gremdar led Saje into another room and locked the door. Saje cast a spell at the door, turning it purple. "We can talk now" he said.

"Why my daughter?" demanded Gremdar. "I don't want her to be a part of this."

"I know, but it makes sense. Of all the people to fix our mistakes, who better than your daughter? She has your wit and Arda's wisdom. If anyone is qualified to stop him, it's her."

"You know as well as I do the catch to the prophecy. You know she may possess the power to stop him, but at what cost?"

"I know," said Saje with a heavy heart. "'In an attempt to defeat Xaug, the Chosen One will die.' I learned the prophecy when I took on Xavier as my student."

"Then what hope do we have for stopping him?" asked Gremdar, his temper rising.

"The same hope both Arda and I had when he became my student," said Saje, confident his answer would suffice.

"You still think it's possible?" asked Gremdar, a note of hopefulness in his voice.

"This conflict is a result of not truly believing in the individual's strength. I feel that the reverse could resolve it."

"I'll send word to my wife to meet with us. What about the other thing I asked of you?"

"Serenity is definitely showing signs of Dragomorphis, but I don't know why she is resisting it."

"We will delve deeper into this with Arda. Prepare to leave. Xaug's Army is on its way."