:) 40- Salty Sauce (:

"You look great."

"Shut up."

"Dang, I'm just trying to be nice."

"Just because I decided to wear a dress doesn't give you a free pass to eye-fuck me," I lock my door and walk past Chase to his car that's parked in the driveway.

"I prefer the term eye-bang, it has more decency."

I laugh and stop in front of the passenger door. Once he unlocks the car we both slide in. His music starts blaring when the car turns on and I can't help but start cracking up at his music taste. He quickly lowers it to an appropriate volume.

"What the hell was that?" I say while still laughing.

"It's," He falters, "My music."

"Yeah I realized that. Why are you listening to baby shark at full volume?"

"I like to jam," He shrugs his shoulders but his cheeks are bright red.

I can't help but smile, "To baby shark?"

"To baby shark."

I stay silent a while imagining what Chase must look like jamming to baby shark. A damn icon.

"I love it."

Chase's eyes go wide, "You do?"

"I fucking do. That's legendary."

Chase finally lets out a laugh, "I am a legend, aren't I?"

"Okay, don't let it go to your head."

He laughs again and pulls out of the driveway towards the restaurant.

We were eating dinner at a small boba place. It was locally owned by a cute old couple that moved here a while ago. They'd just opened up this summer and, honestly, they're boba hits hard. I'd been there so many times the owners knew my name. When school started I had to stop going though, sad, I know. Sucks to be forced to get an education.

"Hello, welcome to Tea Bubbles. I'm your server, Karen. What can I get for you today?"

"Well, for tea I'm gonna have the strawberry with boba," Chase speaks up first.

Karen nods and then looks to me, although I see her gaze shift back to Chase, "I'll have the Rose tea with milk and boba."

Karen nods and walks off, she winks at Chase right before she's out of view.

"Oh, wow. You got winked. You're 2 for 2."

Chase just rolls his eyes at me and directs his attention to the menu. Apparently, he'd never been here before. A shame, really.

"I recommend the sweet and sour. Or the dumplings."

"What are you getting?"

"20 dumplings, for sure."

"You can eat 20 dumplings?" Chase looks up from the menu finally.

"I skipped snack time for this."

Chase starts cracking up. He's still laughing as Karen comes back with our teas. She looks mad. Probably because Chase is laughing at a joke she didn't make. Hoes be needy.

"Alright, you ready to order?"

Chase nods his head, "'Course, darling. I'm gonna have 20 dumplings."

"Pork or veggie?"

"Pork."

"For you, ma'am?"

What am I, 60? That you find the need to call me ma'am.

I stop myself from being obnoxious and rolling my eyes, so I settle for clearing my throat.