008.

taehyung's pov.

THE CLOCK ON THE WALL STRUCK MIDNIGHT and Taehyung was sitting on the couch, legs tucked under him while watching the door. Jimin wasn't home yet which worried him immensely. He has been going out a lot lately, leaving at eight on the dot and coming back around one o'clock. He was curious on why; was he hiding something from Taehyung?

He really hoped his best friend, who he has known since he was a child, wasn't hiding anything from him. He wouldn't be able to handle it. They have never lied to each other, let's hope Jimin isn't starting now.

Taehyung glanced at the clock again, it was now twelve-thirty. It was getting closer and closer to the time when Jimin would be coming home and let's just say that the younger was getting antsy. He hates interrogating his best friend but he knows when the older is lying, so he'll be able to tell if he is or not.

Taehyung got up from the couch, making his way to the kitchen to make himself a cup of what the humans call coffee. It was an understatement to call him obsessed. Ever since he had his first taste of it, he couldn't stop drinking the beverage. He drank it in the morning, in the afternoon and even in the evening. It was extremely addicting.

Once he finished making coffee, he poured some into a cup and took a long sip of it, sighing in satisfaction. Just when he was about to take another sip, the front door opened and closed. He set the glass on the counter, glancing around the corner to see Jimin looking around for the younger before trying to tip toe his way up the stairs. Taehyung was usually asleep when he arrived back home, but not this time. He made sure he stayed up so he could ask the questions that were bothering him.

Taehyung hurried over to the foot of the stairs, crossing his arms over his chest as his best friend creeped up the steps to his room. "Where have you been?" Taehyung asked, annoyance apparent in his tone.

Jimin stopped, freezing completely before slowly turning around to look at the younger. "Heeey. What're you doing up?"

"I've been waiting for you, Jimin. That's what I've been doing up." Taehyung replied, glaring at his best friend.

"Why, though? You're usually asleep." Jimin replied, smiling softly. Taehyung's annoyed expression didn't change which made the olders smile completely disappear.

"Can you come down here? I believe we need to talk." Taehyung said, moving away from the stairs and making his way to the couch, sitting down.

Jimin sighed loudly, walking over to the chair across from the younger, plopping down and bringing his knee up to his chest before wrapping his arms around his leg. "What do we have to talk about, Tae? What's wrong?"

"Oh, I don't know... how about the fact that you have been MIA for two weeks? Coming home from school, doing your homework and then at eight you leave to go god knows where and come back at one every single day with your hair soaking wet. Where have you been going?" Taehyung asked, crossing his arms over his chest again as he stared at his best friend.

"I've been going for a swim. What's so wrong with that?"

Taehyung watched Jimin's face as he spoke, instantly knowing that his best friend was lying. This was a first and the younger wasn't having it.

"You're really going to lie to me right now?"

"I'm not lying."

"Tell that to your face, Jimin."

"What?"

"I always know when you're lying to me." Taehyung replied before standing up from his spot on the couch. "Talk to me when you decide to tell the truth."

He started walking away, but before he could Jimin grabbed his hand. "Okay, I'll tell you." He said, his voice shaky. He hated when Taehyung was angry with him.

The younger turned around, meeting his best friends gaze before motioning for him to continue. Jimin sighed softly, sitting them both on the couch.

"I've been going to visit my mother. It's weird being away from her so I decided I would go see her everyday after school." He told Taehyung, biting his lip.

"So why didn't you just tell me that in the first place?" The younger asked.

"I don't know. I'm sorry for keeping it from you." Jimin said, his voice soft.

Taehyung was watching the olders face again and although Jimin didn't give away that he was lying, the younger somehow felt like he was still hiding something from him, something very important; but he couldn't place his finger on it. Taehyung decided to just brush it off because he really didn't feel like arguing with his best friend anymore.

"It's okay, Jiminie. Just don't lie to me again. You know how I feel about liars being as my own father is one."

"I know and I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I promise."

Taehyung truly hoped he was telling the truth because if he wasn't, he wouldn't know if he could trust him anymore because friends don't lie, right? At least that's what Jimin used to always say.

•••

Ooooh foreshadowing. I'm so excited for this book to get to the juicy parts.

I really hope you all are enjoying this as much as I am. And I'm sorry this chapter is so short, but it's just because it's a filler.

Leave me feedback! Vote, comment and tell me what you think (: