002.

IT WAS around lunch and Jeongguk was at his locker, switching his books around so he didn't have to come back after the break

IT WAS around lunch and Jeongguk was at his locker, switching his books around so he didn't have to come back after the break. He could barely focus on anything during the day because he was so exhausted. He almost fell asleep during Math, but that was explainable.

He closed the door making sure it was shut tightly before locking it. He walked down the hallway, books in one hand and lunchbox in the other. But instead of going straight to the cafeteria, he decided to go eat outside since it was a warm, sunny day.

He headed down a different hall which lead to the back doors of the school where the sitting area was for kids who wanted to sit outside on nice days. Jeongguk actually enjoyed eating his lunch out there, because it was less chaotic and more peaceful than the cafeteria. So, usually when he didn't show up for lunch, Wonho and Yoongi knew exactly where the younger was.

He pushed through the double doors, stepping out, instantly being met with the crisp air of autumn but the warmth of summer. It was on the cusp of both, which was just how he liked it. He took a deep breath, smiling to himself when he realized that he was the only one out there; no one around to bother him while he read in silence and ate his lunch, another thing he enjoyed.

Jeongguk took a seat at one of the many empty tables, setting his lunchbox down flat and opening it to show the contents inside. He also pulled out the book he was currently reading again, Wuthering Heights. He loved the story-telling Emily Brontë portrayed in the novel.

He started reading where he left off, taking a bite of his sandwich in complete satisfaction of being alone. Everyone thought he was odd because Jeongguk would rather be by himself than be around other people, but it didn't really bother him what others thought of the younger.

Suddenly he heard the door open behind him, but instead of checking to see who it was, he just continued reading and eating, leaving whoever it was to do whatever they wanted. He didn't mind anyone else being out here when he was, as long as they didn't bug him when it was pretty clear he wanted to be left alone.

Jeongguk felt someone hovering behind him, he tried his best to ignore it but it was harder than it seemed. Suddenly, he felt soft lips against his ear, whispering in a deep and velvety voice.

"I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine." The person said softly into the youngers ear.

That caught Jeongguk's attention and with that, he turned around almost too quickly. The boy that was behind him pulled back and when the other looked up at him, he knew instantly who it was.

Kim Taehyung.

"You've read Wuthering Heights?" Jeongguk asked, trying to hide the amount of shock in his voice but failing miserably.

That made Taehyung smile as he took a seat across from the younger so he could see his face perfectly. "Yes, I have. One of my favourites." The older replied.

Jeongguk couldn't help but smile at that, before looking back down at his book continuing where he left off and taking a small bite of his sandwich so he didn't make a mess in front of the older.

"What's that?" Taehyung suddenly asked, his tone full of confusion.

Jeongguk slowly met the gaze of the older, his eyebrows furrowing as he was confused himself because he had no idea what he was talking about.

"What's what?"

Taehyung pointed, making Jeongguk look down at the sandwich that was in his hand. His eyes moved back up, his eyebrows furrowing some more. "Are you talking about my food?"

The older nodded, resting his chin in the palm of his hand as he looked at Jeongguk. "It's a sandwich. You don't know what that is?"

You could tell that suddenly Taehyung felt embarrassed not knowing what the food was, he probably looked stupid to the younger and he didn't want that. It was probably the most common thing for humans to eat after all.

He had to come up with an excuse and fast. "Well, um, we are very picky on what we eat at my house, so no. I dont know what that is. But now I do." Taehyung replied before adding, "Can I try it?"

Jeongguk chuckled softly, taking the other half of his sandwich out of the container and handing it to the older with no hesitation. "Go ahead."

"What's on it?" Taehyung asked after taking the half from the younger with a small smile.

Jeongguk returned the gesture. "Teriyaki chicken, pepperjack cheese, lettuce and mustard. It's my favourite." He told the older.

Taehyung nodded, looking down at the sandwich in his hands before taking a bite out of it, chewing the food slowly. "Wow. This is really good!" He exclaimed happily, taking a few more bites.

Jeongguk watched the older in amusement, loving the amount of excitement he had over an average food item. He was something else, but it was still weird to the younger that he's never heard of such a thing.

"So, what do you eat in your household? Seafood?" The younger laughed softly while putting the lid back on the container after he finished and slipping it back into his lunchbox.

Taehyung froze completely, his mouth full. Jeongguk noticed but before he could even ask the older what was wrong, he went back to chewing as if nothing had happened.

"Something like that." He replied after swallowing the last of the sandwich, a hidden smile on his lips.

The bell rang suddenly, causing Jeongguk to close his book and put it back on top of his notepad. Taehyung stood up from the table, stretching his arms above his head before looking over at the younger.

"We should do this again sometime." He said with a boxy smile placed on his face.

Jeongguk stood up as well, picking up his things and meeting the gaze of the taller with a grin. "I wouldn't be opposed."

Taehyung chuckled, waving goodbye before practically skipping back into the school, Jeongguk watching after him with a raised eyebrow.

Something about the older was definitely off, but he couldn't seem to place his finger on it. Maybe he was reading too much into it, although it was weird that he didn't know what a sandwich was and how he froze at the mention of seafood.

Jeongguk shook his head, deciding that it was nothing and that it was okay for Taehyung to be different because he knew how that felt. He started making his way into the school, heading towards his next class, the older not seeming to leave his mind.

•••

Next chapter is finally up and I am extremely proud of this book already ):

Taehyung and Jungkook already have my hearts istg I love them a lot.

Also, the gif at the top is how Taehyung's hair looks when it's dyed brown because remember his hair is naturally blue so he had to dye it to fit in at the school.

Alright, I'll try to post the third chapter soon! Leave me some feedback <3