"Welcome" To The Palace...

Start from the beginning

She has been having a weird feeling all these days and she has warned me to be extremely careful (like everyone else). I know she is right, we both know where we are going and what we are going to face.

And no, I don't mean that piece of shit King. I mean the rogues that have been attacking the heart of the whole kingdom the last two months and no matter what the asshole has tried to do in order to find them he didn't succeed.

That's why he needs us, those bastards are tough and strong and we have to fight them with his permanent army.

Not that I am afraid of fighting them, in fact I am ready to kill anyone that has tried to harm even one member of the kingdom. I was born to fight, I have pure beta blood in my veins, my duty is to keep everyone safe and fight to protect them.

"Not that our destiny was to do the same on that asshole's side..." Destiny growls and if I had my eyes open I would have rolled them.

Not again, please!

"Almost one week now you are acting like a child girl! Stop it. I am getting tired. Try to help me because it won't be easy." I throw annoyed and she groans.

"Do you remember what we have told? Don't get close to him, don't show any kind of weird emotion, you are Iris and not Diana, we have been rejected about two year ago from a rogue and last but not least..."

"Do not let him touch you!" I interrupt her running out of patience and she shows me her teeth.

"Diana focus! Stop pissing me off!" she roars.

"You are already pissed off, I do nothing and I am focused. We have been always been one, don't ruin it now because of him." I say in frustration and she sighs annoyed.

"Whatever..." she murmurs and with this she pulls at the back of my mind without leaving me completely alone.

Finally, some peace!

I take some deep breaths and manage to relax a bit. I begin thinking about my last days at my home and my heart tightens.

It wasn't easy... No, correction! It was a living hell for me.

Every night I was falling asleep crying and then I had nightmares that left me no chance to rest as much as I wanted. I have no other complaint except from this. Everyone helped me and stood by my side.

My dad for example wanted to help me relax before I leave so he began replacing me (as he will for as long as I will be gone) immediately after I told him that I will go to USA. Yes! No codes, supplies, numbers and training for me! To be honest under different circumstances I would have problem with this and I would have tried to sneak inside my office and work a bit but noooooo! These last days I was going out for shopping, walks and anything else that someone can imagine accompanied of course by Violet, Luke, David or Charles.

Vi... Just show me some mercy! I don't even want to remember what she bought for me... The one is hotter than the other and I still don't know why I allowed her to take care of one of my three luggages, so now everything about clubbing, getting out or some not so formal occasions is her choice. God! I didn't even have the courage to see what she put in, I guess I am going to have a heart attack once I need to open it and I am not ready for now.

Fortunately I had Luke always there for me and I didn't get crazy. I love this man, he knows me so well! He took me for dinner once, only the two of us and I had a great time. We were talking about some funny family moments and in the end my makeup was awful as I was crying from the laughter. He also told me about two more familiar to us persons that will join me, Ellie and Thomas. Ellie is a great 22 years old girl which we know and like a lot. Her older brother is the Gamma in a pack very close to us and we have excellent relationships with both of them. And Thomas is the best fighter in a pack in Ireland. He is about 25 years old and very friendly and funny. I think I met him for the first time about two years ago when he accompanied his Alphas in a meeting with Luke and me in our pack.