Darkness

Back at home, I'm putting my things wherever I can in my small excuse of a room. I put the picture up and smile. "I love you guys. I hope you know that. I'm glad you got out of here. No matter what I do in the future, because I really don't know how this is gong to end, I just hope you know that I do love you." I snort. If I know what love is, at least. I put everything else away and walk out. Dad's 'friends' had gone home and it was just the two of us again.

   "Hey, dad?"

   "Yeah, what is it?" He looks up from his seat and his eyes bore into me.

   "Do you think that they'll let the rest of us out? Or just the kids? Or just those four?" He glares at me.

   "I think that it's best you forget about them. They left you. That's that." I nod and go back to my room. I sigh and lay down. I wish I could have been able to go with them, but no one on the other side of the barrier knows that Maleficent had another daughter. They only know about Mal. So the invitation to Maleficent's daughter didn't extend to me. 

   I get up and get into my PJ's. Hopefully tomorrow would bring something good.

^^^

   It didn't. Neither did the day after that or the week after that. It's been several weeks since Mal and the others left. Things have been getting worse. Uma's been raging and on a quest for vengeance against them. Something dark has been creeping into her eyes, and it's starting to scare me. People have been glaring and pushing me around, which usually ended in fights where I either get beat up or completely demolish them, depending on who it was. And I've changed, too. I've found myself getting a deep rooted hate for my sister and her friends. I want them to suffer like I've been suffering. 

   I've started using the picture as target practice for throwing knives. It was riddled with holes, especially their heads. I say that the darkness scares me, but I have the same darkness in me. And it's worse. She hated them before, but I had loved them. She loathes them now, but I want them dead. I want them gone. They had no right to be there all happy and taken care of while the rest of us have been left here to rot. 

   We'd succeeded in getting Maleficent's scepter, but we couldn't find Jafar's wand, Evie had taken her mother's mirror, and I didn't want to give them dad's ember anymore. What's to say they wouldn't turn against me? I kept Maleficent's scepter here. I didn't want to because of dad, but I also didn't want it in Uma's hands. Or around her 'crew.'

   I sit up and grab my bag. I walk out and see dad sleeping in his chair.

   "Mel?" I turn and see Celia. I glare at her and say nothing. "I came to drop this off for your dad." She holds out a bag, but tries to keep her body as far away from me as possible. We'd been friends before, but now I didn't want anything to do with her. I roughly pull the bag out of her hands and jerked my head in a motion that told her to beat it. She waved and took off.

   I roll my eyes and set the bag next to dad and leave. I spend a few hours stealing stuff, but I don't stay out to awful late. Today was the coronation for Prince Ben - kill me - and I had hear Jafar and Cruella talking about them taking the wand today at the coronation and I wanted to see if they were even capable of getting near the wand. They're from the Isle, no one is going to let them that close to the wand. I get home and throw my bag on my bed before going into the main room. Dad's still asleep, so I kick is foot hard enough to spin him a bit. He shoots up and glares at me.

   "What?" His tone his sharp, cold. We haven't been getting along these past few weeks. It's mostly my fault, but he could try to see things from my point of view. Or he could just stop making me mad.

   "Coronation's bout to start." I turn on the TV and sit down on the floor. Just in time. I see Mal and Prince Ben in a carriage being pulled horses. My face twists into a sneer and and I glare. What kind of spell did she do to get there? I guess she's smarter than I gave her credit for. They get out and Snow White starts talking about Mal's dress. I didn't like it. There was way to much to it and wasn't functional in the slightest. I lean back against dad's seat and keep watching.

   I start to nearly fall asleep until I see someone take the wand from the Fairy God Mother's hand. I gasp and sit up, a bright light like lighting comes from the wand and I feel the whole island shake.

   "The barrier!" Dad hops and grabs his ember and takes off down the cave. I go to my room and jerk the scepter out from under my bed and a bag I had prepacked. I look into the scepter and focus.