Jack's Friends

***Mel's P.O.V

   I wake up and stretch. I see Jacks still asleep and, deciding not to wake him, quietly get out of bed and grab a change of clothes before going to the bathroom for a shower. The shower feels nice and I stay in there for about ten minutes before actually picking up the shampoo and starting the process of actually taking the shower. I get out and throw on the ripped jeans, over sized band T-shirt, socks and converses. I walk out and see Jacks awake now.

   "Morning," I say as I sit down at the vanity after turning on the light. He groans and I laugh. I quickly blow dry my hair and decide not to do anything to it but pull a brush through it today. I put on some make up and look over at him. He's staring at me. "What?"

   "It's six thirty in the morning. Why are you already up and ready?" he groans out, covering his face with a pillow.

   "I dunno actually. I'd normally sleep in till noon if I could," I say, walking over to the bed. "Now get up. You need a shower and fresh clothes," I say. He scowls at me, but gets up.

   "Be back later," he says and grabs his stuff before walking to the door.

   "Don't go back to bed in your room!" I shout as he shuts the door behind him. I sit down and do a little homework. There's a knock at the door a few minutes later and I groan, getting up. I open it and see the gang. Great. I step aside and they come in. "Can I help you?" Jay turns to me and crosses his arms.

   "Want to tell me what that was last night?" I roll my eyes and shut the door.

   "I don't know what you're talking about," I say as I walk past them to sit on the couch. They follow and stand in front me in a semi circle. Evie looked much more relaxed than the others.

   "I'm talking about the boy that was hanging out in your room," Jay says, glaring at me.

   "What boy?" I ask, faking confusion. I love messing with them and would rather irritate him further by pretending that I have no idea what he's talking about than try to pound it into his thick head that Jack is my friend and nothing more.

   "That Jack boy!" he yells and I widen my eyes.

   "Jay, I have no idea what you're talking about," I say to him. "There was no boy in my room hanging out in my room." Evie looks like she's about to bust out laughing. I put a look of concern on my face. "Are you feeling alright? Do you feel ill?" I see Carlos start to catch on and he snorts.

   "No. I do not feel ill. I'm just fine. Now why was there a boy in your room?" Evie rests her hand on Jay's arm, a concerned look on her face.

   "I think she's right, Jay," she says, winking at me when he isn't looking. "You feel a little hot." She moves her hand to his forehead. "Maybe you dreamed it," she says. Mal's been silent this entire time, looking on in amusement.

   "I'm fine and Carlos was there, too," he says, looking over at where Carlos once stood. We look around in confusion and then I see my door wide open. "Yellow belly!" Jay yells and we laugh at them.

   "I think you should get some sleep, Jay," Mal pipes in and he stares at us. We grin and he makes a sound of agitation before stomping out. I laugh so hard that I fall to the ground, clutching my stomach.

   "Now," I look up at Mal as she starts talking, "wanna tell us what you had a boy in your room for?" she asks and I roll my eyes.

   "We were hanging out. That's all. Junk food and movies." She nods. Excepting it as truth. I don't often flat out lie to them.

   "Okay, that's fine," she says. "Just don't do anything stupid." I roll my eyes, but nod. I walk to the door and open it. Mal rolls her eyes slightly at the rude gesture, but leaves. Evie stops at me and puts her hand on my shoulder.